Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • limited ankle dorsiflexion sudden onset . self help or physio / will i die.
  • singletrackmind

After spending 2hrs on my knees working on my foundations I have develpoed limited dorsiflexion. I cannot raise my ankle above level . Its kind of like paralysis. as much as I try it refuses to move, goes down hill ok, wont tilt up
    Limited toe curling ability too. Good capilary refill, some numbness and pins and needles around ankle /lower leg
    Walking is interesting , my balance is off and driving requires a leg push instead of ankle roll on and off the gas and braking is strange too
    I ‘think’ i have either pinched a nerve somehwere whilst kneeling on a load of bust bricks ( yes I had closed cell knee pads in but they dont always sit perfectly ) or its a tendon issue
    The question is can I sort this with some stretching at home or is it a minor injuries job , or do i need to go to annoy A &E and have it amputed before it goes gangrenous and smells of blue cheese , I have a selection of saws at home and a 70cl of cognac just in case …

tjagain

Any swelling / pain? Its not my field and as ever medical advice off the internet is worth what you pay for it but I think in the absence of those two things I would wait to see what its like tomorrow and if no better minor injuries clinic
    You could phone the nhs 24 or whatever it is down south to see what they say?

shermer75
    Free Member

After spending 2hrs on my knees working on my foundations I have develpoed limited dorsiflexion

I think you’ve answered your own question here. Have you only recently finished? Sounds like you need to give it some time…

shermer75
    Free Member

Any swelling / pain?

This is good advice- is the skin warm to touch, discoloured etc

singletrackmind

Foot normal, no tenderness or swelling. Toes seem better today, but still limited range. Foot still refuses to rotate uphill.

somafunk

Could be the facia in your calf muscle in spasm from holding one position whilst kneeling for extended period, try self massage on your calf muscle.

tjagain

Time to get it checked IMO

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘limited ankle dorsiflexion sudden onset . self help or physio / will i die.’ is closed to new replies.