• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by tish.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Like trainerroad but without subscription
  • tish
    Free Member

Are there any apps out there for iOS similar to trainerroad but without the subscription?

Im after an app for my turbo that will give me cadence and virtual power but I don’t need the plans, I just need to see what cadence and power I’m doing. I don’t mind paying for the app but a subscription seems a bit expensive for something I’m only going to use once or twice a week.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A garmin will give you the readouts if you just want the numbers (providing you have the sensors)

tish
    Free Member

I have the sensors I used for trainerroad, not garmin though and I don’t have a garmin device so I was hoping to use my phone or iPad.

A cadence bike computer could be a good shout though I had completely overlooked that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If the sensors connect to your ipad/phone then look at strava, not sure if the mobile does the live readouts

bob_summers

Used to train with Golden Cheetah which is excellent but that was on a Linux laptop and not sure if it’s been ported for iOS.

tish
    Free Member

Unfortunately can’t find it on iOS bob, I’ll keep searching.

CraigW
    Free Member

There is a free Wahoo Fitness app, it should connect to any Bluetooth LE cadence/speed sensors. Though don’t think it will do virtual power.

tish
    Free Member

Cheers Craig I’ll check it out in the morning, I can live without the virtual power.

stumpy01

Have a look here:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/11/trainer-apps-guide.html

It’s basically a round-up of all the trainer apps – how much they cost, what features they have etc. a lot of them do free versions with limited functionality.

continuity
    Free Member

The closest thing to this is GoldenCheetah. Might run in a VM but runs fine on a windows PC.

There are online databases of erg workouts (suferfest, TR, random ones) that are easily searchable.

The learning curve is steeper than anything else, but at the same time there are loads of youtube videos that make it simple.

tish
    Free Member

That dcrainmaker site is pretty good I’ll have a look through it. I have my own workouts I want to do, I just need a way of monitoring them.

Cheers everyone

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Like trainerroad but without subscription’ is closed to new replies.