Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Like proviz gilet but not boil in bag?
  • robbie
    Free Member

I’ve had a pro viz gilet for my morning and evening commute for a while now but unless there is frost on the ground it’s far too warm to wear for any length of time. Has anyone found something that offers the same reflectiveness but has more vents or lighter material as I’d like to wear it more often. Cheers

footflaps

I don’t know of anyone who has a reflective and breathable material. All the really reflective jackets seem to be as breathable as a plastic bag.

Oggles
    Free Member

Ale make a couple (reflective black, or iridescent) where the side panels are more of a mesh material. They are a bit more race fit than the ProViz stuff. Might be worth a look.

jameso

I’m not convinced any jacket or gilet needs that much area of reflective material. Just enough detail in the right areas, a strip or panel etc at the most. Get a comfortable gilet in the right colour and add some Respro stick-on RF details maybe.

cloudnine
    Free Member
    n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I bought a Boardman super reflective jacket/gillet ~2 years ago and stopped using it regularly when I found I boiled in the bag unless it was approx sub 3C outdoors. However, I’ve used it a few times recently for gentle rides around sunset and it was fine… I guess the answer is don’t put the power down!

footflaps
    MoreCashThanDash

Pretty sure there’s a racier Proviz now with a mesh back.

Altura Night Vision stuff used to be my default, had drivers comment on it if we stopped at junctions.

As others have said, I think reflective and breathable are mutually exclusive, you have to find the compromise with enough of each. In my case, the best compromise is usually two lights front and rear and one on the helmet for visibility, then wear whatever works for the weather

footflaps

Altura Night Vision stuff used to be my default

I’ve had a couple of their jackets, excellent visibility but not that great breathability.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Like proviz gilet but not boil in bag?’ is closed to new replies.