Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Like a Pipedream Moxie
  • dirkpitt74

Got a mate looking for a bike – the Moxie ‘long’ (shortest…) geo meets his requirements for a ‘dual purpose’ bike – jib/pumptrack for him and the right size for his Mrs to use for a park pootle with the kids.

So decent reach and short seat tube – and a 29’er HT frame only for £600 – what’s similar?.

Thanks

joebristol

I think the Bird forge is quite close.

‘Longish’ in Bird is the medium
    ‘Long’ in Bird is the medium long.

Long in the Moxie isn’t the shortest option – you mean longish I think.

The Moxie has the brilliant pink paint I love – but the Bird has better tuning (853 vs 4130) and the flip chameleon style blue paint is pretty lovely too.

I can’t think of another steel 29er with similar geometry but there are so many options out there I’m sure there are more.

honourablegeorge

Bird Forge, Pace 529, BFeMax

FWIW, the Moxie is “only” 4130 but gets great reviews for comfort.

tomparkin

Cotic BFeMAX might suit?

(edit: like what @honourablegeorge said 🤦)

dirkpitt74

Thanks lads – will pass those on.

What happened to the Marino UK site?

northersouth
    Free Member

Stif squatch

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On-One Hello Dave? Or the Tik-Tik if you wanted something shorter.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Stif squatch

Love mine but note just how low the BB is

On-One Hello Dave?

That would be rather stretching his £600 budget as they are currently £800 but maybe next week they will be cheaper?

joebristol

The Hello Dave has really long chainstays and slacker head angle – I wouldn’t think it would make a great pump track bike.

Forgot about the Pace frames – they look pretty decent – as does the Bfe.

Marino UK vanished in 2021 – I assume Luke got fed up with chasing Peru and them constantly letting him down – but I haven’t seen anything official. Reading the Marino owners page on fb I don’t think they’re past long delays and poor communication.

dirkpitt74

Apparently 5 month wait on Marino frames.
    I was tempted by a gravel frame.

dukeduvet

Nordest Bardino 2 –

Currently 299 euros for a ‘used’ frame as the mark 3 is just out.

I put one in the basket and was showing 247 euros with standard shipping to UK. Ive no idea on import duties and vat but a bit of a bargain possibly and well reviewed

honourablegeorge

dukeduvet

Nordest Bardino 2 –

Currently 299 euros as the mark 3 is just out.

Where is this? If there’s a Nordest frame for 299 euro anywhere I’m buying it, need it or not

asbrooks

Apparently 5 month wait on Marino frames.

Really? I’ve been waiting for 12 months

dukeduvet

Apologies as I thought I had put a link in, here it is – linky

honourablegeorge

Hmm… “used” it says there, no other details. Presuming it’s an ex demo of some sort.

Still massively tempting, although I did accidentally buy a new hardtail last week

dukeduvet

Yeah ex demo I guessed too. Are you collecting frames honourablegeorge!?

Another option for @dirkpitt74 mate is a Sonder Signal ST

a11y

Still massively tempting, although I did accidentally buy a new hardtail last week

I also accidentally(ish) bought a new hardtail last week and also massively tempted by one of these. Not sure what postage and import would add to that cost though.

I shouldn’t even be looking as I’ve yet to swing a leg over my new hardtail 😀

chestrockwell

FWIW, the Moxie is “only” 4130 but gets great reviews for comfort.

Bird only has 853 down and top tube, 4130 the rest. Looks nice though but would probably go Pace if I had the funds.

dukeduvet

Ill happily take new built frames 😉

a11y

Temptation removed: emailed Nordest about those frames and they’re no longer available. Not sure if I’m sad or relieved 😀

honourablegeorge

a11y

Temptation removed: emailed Nordest about those frames and they’re no longer available. Not sure if I’m sad or relieved

Saved us both. I’m in the EU, so it was costing me no duty or shipping, but I really did not need it. Even when my new frame arrives, I have enough bits left to build up another bike (which I will sell, and spend the money on some other frame, and on it goes…..)

honourablegeorge

wrong thread

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Like a Pipedream Moxie’ is closed to new replies.