Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Light for my pack
  • z1ppy

Looking for others option for my MTBing pack, as I like having a secondary/backup rear light. I did have a smart RL321, which has a great belt clip to keep it attached, until I messed with it…

CraigW
    Free Member

Fenix BC05R. Its a neat little light, pretty bright, USB-C charging. Has a fairly sturdy belt clip.

benp1

I’ve been using a USB rechargeable version of the smart r2 (as well as the normal one) for ages. Didn’t know it was called the rl321 as well, helpful as that version is cheaper!

I just picked up a back up rear or front marker light from decathlon today. Either for backup on the bike or for visibility when out for night walks near a road. £8, USB rechargeable, decent brightness, red and white led in constant or flashing mode. Plus a couple of different mounting options. It called a 500 cl. Not used it in anger yet, it’s charging at the moment, but seems decent so far. Good size too

tthew

I’ve got a Topeak Alien as my high up rucksack light. It’s not rechargeable, but the pair of CR2032 batteries last a winter of commuting, and it’s a good idea to have lights that don’t flatten batteties at the same rate. Excellent belt clip.

z1ppy

Cheers guys, that great, though i wish I’d thought to look at the ligth section in Decathlon when I was there the other day…

Tthew, are you sure about that name? As I thought that was a multitool, and I can’t locate it on their site, unless you mean the “ALienlux”?

ayjaydoubleyou

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/lezyne-zecto-drive-80l-rear-light/rp-prod163286

I have an older version of this. Has a belt clip, which I use on the rare occasion the full suss goes out in the dark – dropper limits how high it can mount on the bike, and I worry with suspension sag the wheel will obscure it.

tthew

unless you mean the “ALienlux”?

Yes, you’re right. I’ve got the red one so the whole thing flashes/glows. I don’t think the small red eyes in the other colours would be very eye catching. I’ll see if I can sort a little video in a bit.

tthew

Er no, I can’t. Videoing a flashing red light in a dark room with a smart phone camera is in no way helpful. You’ll just have to take my word for it, it’s quite good. 😁

z1ppy

😀 Ordered the unit from decathlon (they do a cheap asda dropoff) but have found the Alienlux cheap, so will proabably order that too!
    Again thanks for the replies

footflaps

I use a Zecto Max 250 on a my courier bag, has a decent clip for going through a fabric loop.

Very bright, lasts several hours on flash and USB rechargeable.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Light for my pack’ is closed to new replies.