Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Liege-Bastogne-Liege tomorrow
  • cinnamon_girl

Can somebody pretty please provide lots of interesting links for this.

RealMan set the bar extremely high with his excellent go-to daily TdF links and we were all somewhat spoiled. 8)

C’mon roadies!

😀

rOcKeTdOg

essential backround info 😉

i’ll be watching

speckledbob
    Free Member

I use eurosport player. £2.99 a month for 12 months or £4.99 for a single month. Steephill.tv will probably have some coverage but I find the picture fairly shoddy.

Could be another day for Gilbert tomorrow.

Loads of info including riders here Steephill

Edit due to Rocketdogs post.

Does anyone know anything about the pills found at the side of the road last week in the Paris Roubaix? I heard British riders were implicated.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Steephill has a really good selection of articles, photos, race maps etc Always worth a look.

Edit: Too late.

atlaz
    Free Member

Just read Inner Ring, he does a pretty great job for all the important races and does really good wrap ups explaining not only what happened but tactics etc.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks very much guys. 🙂

hatter

Cyclocosm’s video summary from last year’s race would be a good pointer if you want to know what tactics to look out for.

TiRed

I too use Eurosport player via iPad and Apple TV to the projector on a 96″ screen for that full immersion. Picture quality is very good, and for £3/mo I think it is very good value indeed.

righog
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up Cinnamon Girl,

slight hijack anyone know if Eurosport will have the Giro and TDF this year as normal.

I am thinking of ditching SKY sports and was thinking they may steal, the big Tours.

Cheers

white101

If Murdoch sports are to pinch the cycling you will see them introduce it to the sports news in the year before they take the contract. Right now they have started talking about the IPL cricket, year before it was F1 that started to get noticed. Take notice of how much the comment on the world cup football this summer, barley a sniff of coverage I reckon.

try cyclingfans.com for coverage details on tv and online, or if your twittered up try @cyclingfans or @_pigeons_ for details they are both always on the ball.

atlaz
    Free Member

I doubt that they’ll go with cycling as it’s not like they can talk to the UCI and get it all; they’d have to negotiate with loads of different people. I’d guess them getting the ASO races (tour, vuelta etc) may not be impossible but would kill the viewership

mrblobby
    Free Member

Eurosport streaming online is pretty good, especially now they’ve started to add more on demand content.

Be great to see Gilbert notch up another win today. Was a shame he got blocked by Cunago’s fall at Flèche Wallone. Don’t really like seeing a Valverde win, no surprise to hear him booed across the finish line. The inrng preview as always is very good.

Cyclingnews for live text feed, also steephill twitter for live info. Also may be some nice commentary for us Brits over on the UK Cycling Expert twitter feed 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

What did dan Martin do there? Seems an odd type of crash

cinnamon_girl

Over-cooked the corner I guess, bloomin’ shame as he was working so hard.

tang
    Free Member

Ouch, how harsh is that!

white101

Got to be the worst way to finish a race after 250km +, 300 yards from a second successive win (possibly) and you over cook.

bob_summers

Gutted… Spanish telly cut straight to the tennis so I haven’t seen the crash again. What happened? Front wheel washout or too much power too early?

butcher

Dan Martin will be kicking himself right now. Or his bike. Or something. I’m sure he’ll be happy just kicking the shit out of anything really. But on the flip side…he went down right at a point were you really believed he could win, when in reality there’s a good chance he would’ve been sucked up. Like a rock star going out in a blaze of glory before they get any chance to make a long string of terrible albums. Proper rock star exit from the race, that 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Looked like the back went more than the front wheel but I guess too fast

hatter

the slow-mo footage seemed to show the wheel suddenly jerking sideways, didn’t look like he just slid out, chain slipping perhaps, fluffed gear change?

Either way I’m gutted for him, he properly had the bull by the horns there, great to see him launch a full-on death or glory attack whist the other favorites sat in the pack eyeballing each other.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Twitter reckons his tub rolled.

Blackhound

Yes, wondered what had happened. Thought it unlikely he ‘just’ slid out, surface appeared dry and he is experienced. Wasn’t sure if he could hang on but it would have been a decent defence of his title.

No panda’s this year.

speckledbob
    Free Member

It certainly looked like his tub rolled. The chasers were going just as fast and managed to avoid him. Some mechanics going to get it tonight.

Gerrans and Valverde are both really fast this year. Two to watch in the tour.

bob_summers

Tub’s still on in this photo. Now reading about oil on the corner, but noone else crashed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Gits on my bike !!

How bloody dare he!!

I’m gutted for him, I really like Dan 🙁 can’t stand Gerans though for some reason, maybe it’s because he’s Australian 😡

butcher

Tub’s still on in this photo.

Chain’s off though… Definitely looked like some kind of mechanical. There was no reason to slide out on that corner. Someone came in from behind, twice as tight round the corner to get round him and coped fine.

rt60
    Free Member

Eurosport are saying he clipped a pedal

butcher

Clipped pedal would make sense.

theotherjonv

Wheel just seemed to jump sideways. I thought he’d just pressed the gas too early and spun out, but could have been a clipped pedal too.

rOcKeTdOg

No panda’s this year

There was an American footballer who seemed to have mixed his team’s up, Skins & bears WTF!

njee20
    Free Member

Clipped a Garmin Vector pod perhaps… they look particularly proud on that crank.

TiRed

Pedal clip at 7 seconds here. What crank length does he ride? I doubt it would be the pods, but a cm longer crank could be a factor.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Good weekend for orica green edge , comentator didnt even call cav as with a chance …. Right up till he came round te side…” Whos that coming up the left …. Its cav – can he do it”

Good work , gerrens deserved that lbl as well , glad he got it over valverde.

Felt terible for dan martin thought , thought he was going to take it home 🙁 – thats racing though

bob_summers

Surely those pods don’t extend further than the crank when it’s at 6 o’clock? That’s a pretty major design oversight! Are they on both sides too?

He wasn’t cranking over any more than Caruso. Poor bugger, looked like it was his to lose.

TiRed

Pods face backwards, but I can imagine that they do trace a slightly larger radius than the tip of the crank. That said, it’s the edge of the pedal that will come into contact, and that is solely crank length.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Liege-Bastogne-Liege tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.