Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 434 total)
  • Let's Talk About Bullying.
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

It really is a water off a duck’s back with Hora. Seriously, it’s like insulting a rock.

aye lovely line

most of those know him in real life ..binners for example…he gets it i suppose because folk know he is not annoyed and he trolls a fair amount too.

I just read it. Has stuff been deleted?

No

I don’t think many new members get the same from anyone unless they kick off with the weird shit/politics first

most of it is stuff between folk who give it and take it tbh
    Its easy to avoid the politics one [ well so I am told 😳 ]

dogbert
    Free Member

dogbert – well according to STW this forum should be treated as real life and you shouldn’t behave in away you wouldn’t in real life fromt eh rules

In real life I go to work, occasionaly cycle, walk my dog, enjoy pizza and beer and watch TV shows about tattooing

On here, I’m this **** guy

RustySpanner

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_9xhQdBCrE&feature=related[/video]

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I might have guessed that this thread would start to veer off in the direction it’s taking now…

Kevevs
    Free Member

anyway you’re all wrong. Who wants a virtual kick in the balls?

MrSmith
    Free Member

it’s probably just short man syndrome.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Loads of posts being deleted off that long thread now.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Loads of posts being deleted off that long thread now.

Thank god, the children will sleep safe tonight

TooTall
    Free Member

I’m glad you are here to police the police, TJ. I sleep safer.

derekrides
    Free Member

The moderation of this forum is very bizarre.

druidh
    Free Member

That thread was the wrong place to announce the banning.

brakes
    Free Member

they should delete the whole thread.
    I’m embarrassed and I only read it.
    twitter seems to be a good vehicle for bullying and abuse.

derekrides
    Free Member

It’s an ego maniac that feels the necessity to announce a banning unless there was some positive requirement to ‘warn’ others against similar behaviour.

What exactly was the fellow guilty of, other than over post.

RustySpanner

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

I might have guessed that this thread would start to veer off in the direction it’s taking now…

Given the fact that you have so much form in the Trolling department, why on earth should it come as a surprise that no one takes a word you say seriously? 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was just amused by they deletions from that thread. Can’t see much rhyme or reason to the deletions but about 60 posts maybe have gone.

Odd behaviour.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

to lighten the mood

druidh
    Free Member

brakes – Member
    they should delete the whole thread.
    I’m embarrassed and I only read it.

Nah – jimmy still needs a REFUND

Jamie
    Free Member

That thread was the wrong place to announce the banning.

Indeed. Jimmy will need to start a new one now.

druidh
    Free Member

derekrides – Member
    It’s an ego maniac that feels the necessity to announce a banning.

Nah – I just saw it as a pre-emptive explanation. What I didn’t see was why it was in that thread.

yossarian
    Free Member

What an incredible waste of energy and oxygen

donsimon
    Free Member

Nice stamps.
    Which would be more sad, recognising the castle as Harlech or knowing the name of the sheep? 😳

TooTall
    Free Member

What about martyrs?

druidh
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    Nice stamps.
    Which would be more sad, recognising the castle as Harlech or knowing the name of the sheep?

Counting the number deleted posts off a thread

dogbert
    Free Member

i like the one playing the harp

Junkyard
    Free Member

Which would be more sad, recognising the castle as Harlech or knowing the name of the sheep?

the later , I recognise Harlech castel as ell.. I am not on first names terms with any sheep. I suspect a stereotypical Welsh joke on a thread on bullying would be insensitive so i will e-mail you it instead 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

so i will e-mail you it instead

Diolch.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

back to the original point… I reckon it is a problem that needs to stop. I never see it as full on attacks at one person, usually a few negative comments that then get taken a bit further by others until it turns into pure insults. The ones that irritate me are the grammar ones, Iv’e grown up with 90% dyslexics and I know how much difficulty they have with spelling/punctuation and I’m pretty useless too and there’s nothing wrong with the odd correctment but when people start ridiculing grammar and spelling it really starts to take the …. All forms need to stop because as has been said, you can’t just deck the offending person(s).

grantway
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    TSY – yo have to read the big “silenced for a tenner” thread.

Elf got banned despite not breaking any rules. Load of folk then had a go at him. Pack mentality.

LOL What thread was that?

scaredypants

yo have to read the big “silenced for a tenner” thread.

LOL What thread was that?

It was the big “silenced for a tenner” thread mate

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

derekrides – Member

The moderation of this forum is very bizarre.

Apparently if there are enough complaints concerning one forum user, this justifies banning them on a whim – that was the reason which Mark gave me for a extended ban which I recently received. I suspect that it only requires a dozen or so people to persistently complain, out of a forum of several thousands, for this to have an effect- I don’t know, but I can’t imagine that there’s many more than a dozen or so people who really give a monkeys what I think or say.

All of which I guess causes what appears to be rather bizarre moderation decisions. Still, it’s not my forum and I don’t have to post if I don’t want to, so I’m not unduly bothered by it all.

Anyway there you have it, if you are a sad inadequate person who wants to see other forum users banned, then just keep complaining about them – there’s a fair chance you’ll succeed.

Although interesting enough despite all the “good riddance” comments concerning Elfie on the other thread, and the “why don’t you follow him” ones directed at TJ, the two people who by far most STWers on a recent thread said they wanted to meet, was, yes, you’ve guessed it, TJ and Elfie. And I didn’t get the impression that it was because people couldn’t stand them.

So the persistent whingers far from having a positive effect on the forum, are likely to have a negative effect by getting rid of popular forum users. Still it’s not my forum so I’m not unduly bothered by it.

Which forumite(s) would you most like to meet, and why?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You got banned Ernie? Wtf for?

druidh
    Free Member

I guess that none of us really know how many/what level of complaint it takes? There’s been more than a few folk said to me that they don’t use STW because of the number of threads taken over by a handful of posters and it would be easy enough to get stats out of the system to show who these were.

Of course, the downside of that is that it might limit useful contributions too 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

For being one of the ‘most complained forum users’. Pay attention TJ.

Junkyard
    Free Member

surely you knw the rules he cannot say but if i was going to guess I would go for

Apparently if there are enough complaints concerning one forum user, this justifies banning them on a whim – that was the reason which Mark gave me for a extended ban which I recently received.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

😆

I was more expressing incredulity at Ernie being banned.

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyway there you have it, if you are a sad inadequate person who wants to see other forum users banned, then just keep complaining about them – there’s a fair chance you’ll succeed.

So because someone was upset by something you said, and complained. That makes them sad and inadequate?

Classy.

donsimon
    Free Member

I think there might be one or two who are well aware of this.

Woody
    Free Member

We’re talking about bullying on here. There is a ridiculous amout of it going on and it needs to be recognised and stopped.

There are different forms of bullying SBZ and IMO opinion Elf was one of the worst with his form of belittling, condescending and derogatory rebuttal of anyone who disagreed with him.

As for pack mentality, that works both ways………………obviously 8)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I was more expressing incredulity at Ernie being banned.

Incredulity ? I expect it. Jesus was persecuted too you know.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

Elf was one of the worst with his form of belittling, condescending and derogatory rebuttal of anyone who disagreed with him.

Yeh, i is hypocritical but, he did make me laugh in the ‘silence for a tenner’ thread. 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 434 total)

The topic ‘Let's Talk About Bullying.’ is closed to new replies.