Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 434 total)
  • Let's Talk About Bullying.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I think it is something the most definitely needs to be discussed on here, especially tonight.

In my mind it is most definitely bullying when derogatory comments are made about someone who doesnt have the opportunity to reply. That’s worse than playground bullying as even in the playground you can smack a bully on the nose.

Pigface
    Free Member

It is the pack mentality that always worries me.

project
    Free Member

In my mind it is most definitely bullying when derogatory comments are made about someone who doesnt have the opportunity to reply

What did i miss.

Jamie
    Free Member

Are we talking about this indirectly, or a specific incident?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

We’re talking about bullying on here. There is a ridiculous amout of it going on and it needs to be recognised and stopped.

racefaceec90

i’ve missed whatever has been going on ❓

donsimon
    Free Member

In my mind it is most definitely bullying when derogatory comments are made about someone who doesnt have the opportunity to reply.

How can that be? If I don’t hear it, it don’t matter. If I can’t respond to it, it ain’t going to modify my behaviour.

project
    Free Member

so who got bullied.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Internet innit, keyboard warriors taking 5 minutes away from their pron addictions to attack someone else for no good reason than to make them feel superior. But it’s the internet so who cares?

I’ll sit back with a cuppa now and watch all the usual suspect barrel in here with their liberal opinions only to turn their back on them tomorrow in the name of a “balanced and intelligent argument”

Jamie
    Free Member

so who got bullied.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I don’t think you know what you are talking about sbz. It’s a far more serious issue than that.

scaredypants

so who got bullied.

Realman ?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Who’ve I got to put in a headlock to find out what on earth has been going on?

donsimon
    Free Member

TJ?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Expand on the Kevevs. How do I not know what I’m talking about?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TSY – yo have to read the big “silenced for a tenner” thread.

Elf got banned despite not breaking any rules. Load of folk then had a go at him. Pack mentality.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Double post.

druidh
    Free Member

Since I would never believe that STW is about ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, I don’t go to the bother of checking all the threads. Therefore, someone might make disparaging remarks about ME, ME, ME, ME, ME without giving ME, ME, ME, ME, ME “the right of reply”. Frankly, IDGAS, YMMV.

chewkw
    Free Member

Where? Who?

I have not seen any yet? There might be some names calling but it’s not as if they are not facing the mods’ ban.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

chewkw – it is incredibly widespread on here. There is banter and there’s bullying and who is to say where each persons line between them is…

Kevevs
    Free Member

sorry sbz, your original post didn’t sound serious to me.

druidh
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member
    chewkw – it is incredibly widespread on here. There is banter and there’s bullying and who is to say where each persons line between them is…

Naming names, I reckon that hora gets bullied a lot. But then he keeps coming back, so I think I’m missing the gist of it and that it’s actually some man love.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Kevevs no bother, but I cant stand bullying of anyone.

Kevevs
    Free Member

me neither mate.

Jamie
    Free Member

I reckon that hora gets bullied a lot

It really is a water off a duck’s back with Hora. Seriously, it’s like insulting a rock.

racefaceec90

i’m afraid that i haven’t read the silenced for a tenner post. it doesn’t sound something i want to read though 😯 i’m sorry about elfensafety getting banned 🙁

scaredypants

Load of folk then had a go at him. Pack mentality.

TJ – a lot of folk have a go at fred on a daily basis. Not only did this appear never to upset him, he genuinely seemed to thrive on it.

Unless you can point to individuals who only criticised fred after his banning, all you have is a thread that was derailed in large part by Fred arguing with several USUAL critics on what was a very high profile thread. Once he was banned, they were all already assembled … and you largely made the running on the should he shouldn’t he “debate”

Yes, it turned a bit nasty – are you surprised ? I doubt anyone’s entitled to be proud of the series of events

(I suspect you need to apply an attrition factor when trying to fathom stw’s approach to modding Fred – it’s rarely been any ONE act that got him banned)

(Addit) re banter vs bullying: I believe it’s in the view of the recipient, so THEY NEED TO VOICE THEIR OBJECTION
    In the case of the departed, I think the tone of his last few comments did not suggest that he felt hurt or threatened

chewkw
    Free Member

Okay not that obvious to me …

Will keep a look out whenever I can but so far most arguments are sensible in many ways.

I thought TJ is bullied at times? No?

Hora? Bullied? He has taken you for a ride if you think he is bullied.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I just read it. Has stuff been deleted?

Jamie
    Free Member

I just read it. Has stuff been deleted?

Only the really bad stuff like…[NOPE – MODS]

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Seriously, it’s like insulting a rock.

0 😆 I’ll have to try that some day, insulting a rock. 🙂

dogbert
    Free Member

its funny that people act like this shit is real life

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

(Addit) re banter vs bullying: I believe it’s in the view of the recipient, so THEY NEED TO VOICE THEIR OBJECTION

I disagree. People should put some thought into what they are posting. If it could be contrued as bullying dont do it. It’s easy to pass the buck on to the person that’s being bullied, but have some self awareness people.

Dogbert – it is real life. Or at least part of it.

chakaping
    Free Member

I don’t think you know what you are talking about sbz. It’s a far more serious issue than that.

+1

The guy clearly has much bigger problems than what a load of strangers who he enjoyed winding up on an internet forum think about his banning from said forum.

scaredypants

I disagree. People should put some thought into what they are posting

Disagree away. (Assuming you are talking about Fred) I do not believe that people treat him fundamentally differently than he treats others.
    I don’t think many new members get the same from anyone unless they kick off with the weird shit/politics first

dogbert
    Free Member

Dogbert – it is real life. Or at least part of it.

No it’s not, It really isn’t

djglover
    Free Member

Bighitters strike again

edit – meant to tag that 😳

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

dogbert – well according to STW this forum should be treated as real life and you shouldn’t behave in away you wouldn’t in real life fromt eh rules

In short, think twice about posting anything that you wouldn’t be prepared to say face to face.

Edukator
    Free Member

Bye Elf/Fred. All the best in the real world.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxoke4yuWlI[/video]

MrSmith
    Free Member

the ‘big hitters’ at school were bully’s, maybe it’s a cry for help?
    maybe they are just misunderstood?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 434 total)

The topic ‘Let's Talk About Bullying.’ is closed to new replies.