Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • lets see your cx bike then
  • sefton
    Free Member

come on lets see some cx bikes again.

clubber
    Free Member

Dolan Multicross

clubber
    Free Member

Oops… killed it dead!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

MrSparkle

Look Craig, you know you want one so stop messing about and get one! 😀

PS Are you going to be having a go at my night time fell race? http://www.alexbarnes1653.webspace.virginmedia.com/dashers/page35.html

sefton
    Free Member

hey mate, you still riding local?

yeah I might nip upto Paul Milnes soon 😀 or get one of the PX jobs?

I’ve also got a good price on an Empella too (but need to travel to collect)

I’ve not been running for a while now – I’ll have a look

globalti
    Free Member

Tricross from the Tesco of bike makers; a little heavy, not really a CX bike, more of a “cross-purpose” bike but I’m enjoying riding it with mudguards as a winter trainer and finding it faster than my club mates on their FS mountain bikes everywhere but on the downhills.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Newish Pro 6 here. Shown in the photo in it’s original guise – a couple of very minor tweaks since then.

Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 by pixelmix, on Flickr

firestarter
    Free Member

Ss

Fixed

flip
    Free Member

MikeWW
    Free Member

A couple of ours here

sefton
    Free Member

how do the forme bikes compare to other cx race bikes you’ve had?

Sancho
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth

Very nearly bought one of those Forme Hiver frames, but then got distracted by a 9 month old Uncle John for the same price (i.e. whole bike for the price of a frame!).

No pics, but you can guess what a UJ looks like….

MikeWW
    Free Member

sefton – Member
    how do the forme bikes compare to other cx race bikes you’ve had?

We currently have 3 of these and I’m going to be buying 2 more at the end of the season (myself and my 2 boys race)Have also had Kinesis Evo3’s and Evo 4’s.. I think the frames are really good value for money and work really well. The Kinesis is a fraction lighter (not enough to notice) but the clearances and geometry and fork on these work really well.

h4muf
    Free Member

From a muddy 62miler about 4hrs ago!

oldgit
    Free Member

None without me on it. Pearson Double Cross 105/FSA

simondbarnes

Untitled by simondbarnes, on Flickr

hummerlicious
    Free Member

The current one:

IMAG0679 by http://www.sussex-mtb.com, on Flickr

The last one:

2009_0531_160052AA by http://www.sussex-mtb.com, on Flickr

The one before that:

2006_1021_161348AA by http://www.sussex-mtb.com, on Flickr

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Last race today, (public holiday here), after an intensive season. Carbon wheels and tubs already ordered for next year. It’s going in for a service and a little “blinging up” on Monday.

Training with the Swedish National team on Sunday so should be shown up completely then.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Couple of shots of my cheapo ebay special. Graham Weigh frame, campag mirage.

[/url][/img][/url][/img]

sturmey
    Free Member

Hummerlicious who imports the Alan now, looked on Elmey cycles site but couldn’t see anything. I used to own an Alan road bike from the late 80s aluminium screwed and bonded.Was looking for one but just pressed the button for a Planet x on bike to work instead.

tollah
    Free Member

Singular Kite, awesome bike loving riding it.

Kite by sheldonattwood, on Flickr

Kite by sheldonattwood, on Flickr

Used Kite by sheldonattwood, on Flickr

mattyh222
    Free Member

Fred Whitton mode

With standard wheels

hummerlicious
    Free Member

@sturmey – don’t know, I had that one a while back. I’ve not seen any new ones about actually. I’m going to get a Kinesis with disc brakes next. I love my Five T, but I think I’d like decent braking now.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Sadly not as clean and well looked after the day it came out of LBS!

sefton
    Free Member

tell me more about the singular kite, is it the first cx bike you’ve had?

rOcKeTdOg

Wish it was mine

WTF_v2 by VanDesselSports, on Flickr

wors

^ that is lovely.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Not sure about the bartape but, ooh that Singular is niiice.

tollah
    Free Member

Tell you more about the Kite? It just rides nice and looks great (imo)I had a Paul Milnes a while back and rides so much nicer. Can’t tell you much more to be fair other than I can’t wait to go ride it again on Sunday!

Bar tape not everyone’s taste but it does look ok in the flesh and matches the decals quite nicely.

And it now has Easton EC90x forks instead of the oe forks since those pics.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Ridley side by ian_warnes, on Flickr

solarider
    Free Member

Think this thread was done quite recently, but here’s an updated shot of mine.

Changed the wheels for Hyperons with FMB SSC tubs and have kept the Lightweights with Dugast Typhoon tubs for my new Speedvagen when it arrives. Just 9 months to wait now! Might spec it with internal routing for electronic, but will probably go old school with cables and cantis. For a steel frame, it feels somehow better.

The white hoods have been surprisingly mud-proof. Thought they would be a bit of fun for last summer, but they scrub up well. I have to draw the line at white tape though.

And the other one.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Kite looks very tidy but but sure it would be any lighter or nicer to ride than my cross check, I’d still buy one if had the cash though

Kevevs
    Free Member

cross check is top of my list for next bike I think. Spent aaaaaages looking into a good value do it all all-rounder and tourer bike. That singular is a nicer more expensive version of what I’m after.

robsoctane
    Free Member

PLEASE: Someone tell me what the deal is with CX? road bikes that go in mud, just don’t get it…

This is not a troll, I know nothing of CX so please explain ❓

samuri
    Free Member

Faster than mountain bikes on 90% of UK offroad trails.
    Hard work – challenge.
    Ride road – Ride offroad – ride road.
    Fun, fun, fun.
    Teeth? Hands? Forearms? Who needs them?
    Fast! I’ll race anyone on my CX of they’re on a MTB. It has to include up and down bits though. Hey, maybe some flat bits too.

Why do you ride a CX bike, I don’t get it? – Always good for a laugh.

Kevevs
    Free Member

My roadbike although light and stiff, is proper rattly and not that comfortable on long rides and I don’t race or need to go really fast, also would be nice to take it off beaten track, fireroads etc and I want to start touring and doing multi-day rides with rack/panniers etc -solution CX bike, specifically something like a surly cross check, something really versatile and long lasting that I can chop and change way into the future but still cane the miles on the road in my own way. Maybe I’m a fool for the latest marketing trend or something. But it makes sense to me and where I’m at with my cycling. (still keep the road bike though). anyway – that’s just all justification for another bike 😀

globalti
    Free Member

The road bike is too twitchy and too fragile (though I’m sure that’s only in my mind) and certainly too precious to ride in mud or on salty roads so a cross-purpose bike with mudguards makes every bit of sense, especially if it has disc brakes and can go off road or deal with mud and snow. It is also heavier and longer/slower handling than the road bike so makes a good trainer; jumping off the CX and onto the roadie is like jumping out of a Mondeo and into a Ferrari.

ian martin
    Free Member

I class ny self as a mountain biker so tend to be a little heavy handed with my bikes.
    Road bikes feel too fragile to me especially when I’m taking cheeky shortcuts bunnyhopping curbs and speed bumps etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘lets see your cx bike then’ is closed to new replies.