Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • Lessons you never learn
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

Why, at the age of 45, have I still not worked out that I don’t need to squirt so much Fairy Liquid into the sink when I do the washing up? I always end up with a ridiculous amount of bubbles. it should be so simple and yet every day I muck it up.

What silly mistakes do you make on a regular basis?

p7eaven
    Free Member

ADD (How not to be) Gets me every day 😬

All of my lessons are essentially unlearned! From forgetting to add a store loyalty points card to my door keyring rather than the car keyring (I more often shop by bicycle, rarely use a car) to leaving the phone uncharged before I need to go out. Most of my plans/tasks have an untidy backup plan as a result. ie because phone is uncharged and I need to go out, so then I have to carry a powerbank and charge in transit/en-route. But it too is uncharged/and or dodgy charger-cable is dodgy and has needed replacing for the last 18 months. So plan C is grab the Nokia PAYG/burner. Also uncharged. Plan D is give Mrs P an emergency-number/useful contact as I am (through idiocy) due to be short-term incognito.

nickc

That arguing on the internet will change anyone’s mind

richmtb

That you should use scissors to open a bag of rice

Straightliner

Openining the oven and not moving my face out of the way before being hit by the heat wave.

johndoh
    Free Member

Yes it will

frogstomp

That you should use scissors to open a bag of rice

..and decant it into a suitable container because the bag will split or the bit of resealing tape will not stay stuck.

alexpalacefan

LOL @ johndoh

APF 🙂

nickc

[Bows at johndoh] – very good…

thepurist

the bit of resealing tape will not stay stuck.

Clothes pegs FTW – until the bag splits, obvs

chrispo
    Free Member

Taking too little food/water/clothes/tools on rides to save weight

chakaping
    Free Member

To do those niggly little maintenance jobs at the end of a ride rather than leaving them til later, and then forgetting until I’ve already started the next ride.

Openining the oven and not moving my face out of the way before being hit by the heat wave.

+1 – every sodding time

Cougar

Why, at the age of 45, have I still not worked out that I don’t need to squirt so much Fairy Liquid into the sink when I do the washing up?

Are you my other half? She washes up under a pile of suds a foot high, it drives me spare. The plates need a second wash after she’s finished to get all the soap off. If you struggle with portion control, do what I did in the end and start buying cheap-ass liquid instead of Fairy.

Also, add the liquid just before you turn the taps off rather than right at the start.

Cougar

As for resealing bags, revolutionise your life.

escrs
    Free Member

This happens to me everyday! im 44 and i will keep doing it until i die (or burn my face off)

nickc

She washes up under a pile of suds a foot high

In my kitchen there’s a magic box under the counter…

solarider
    Free Member

Yes it will

No it won’t

Definitely the oven door sauna for me too.

And there are 4 sinks in the office toilets, one of which always sprays water making it look like you have wet yourself. Guess which one I always use?……

MoreCashThanDash

See also opening the just finished dishwasher while wearing glasses

Dickyboy

That alexpalacefan isn’t alexfacepalm

No offence meant but my brain always reads it wrong

p7eaven
    Free Member

As for resealing bags, revolutionise your life.

Ah, that’s one lesson I did learn. 😊 (proudface). (actually was given some of those clips as a gift for new home). They worked for a while until wearing out.

Opted for kilner jars about 15 years ago soon after first visiting an Organized Person.

Rice goes in jar. Done. No plastic nonsense and haven’t broken a jar yet. They are pretty indestructible tbf.

Still manage to forget to open the rice/lentils/flour/buckwheat/whatever with scissors bit sometimes 😉

joshvegas
    Free Member

If the bath is so hot you can barely keep your feet in. Don’t sit down.

Sandwich

Yes it will

That’s not arguing that’s just contradiction!

Caher

Don’t try and grab a six pack from electric overhead cables. Doh!

tall_martin

Anything to do with spellings

dc1988

That if I don’t put a timer on then I won’t remember that I’ve put something in the oven. Cue wondering what the burning smell is 30 minutes later.

Also closing the fridge, I just swing it closed but it always seems to stop a cm before closing. Cue beeping from fridge a few minutes later as it’s getting warm

swavis

Drinking too much whisky is baaad, m’kay

nickc

wait, what? He isn’t?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Don’t try and grab a six pack from electric overhead cables. Doh!

This one took me a moment to spot the reference.

Cougar

Mind. Blown. [Carl-Sagen.gif]

If the bath is so hot you can barely keep your feet in. Don’t sit down.

Ah, what you’ve got there is what is known as a Monkey Bath.

Cos when your bum touches the water you go “ooh, ooh, ooh!”

That’s not arguing that’s just contradiction!

No it isn’t.

Esme
    Free Member

Mister-P, my mother insisted that “everyone she knew” diluted the washing up liquid (into two bottles, 50:50 with water). I had NEVER heard of this before, and was tempted to ask all her friends.

TomB

I have never learnt that there is plenty of time to produce academic work in advance of the deadline given. Throughout school and university I’d be up burning the midnight oil on deadline day, vowing that “next time I’ll get it finished well in advance”. I’m now (not) writing my MSc dissertation, due in April, could easily have finished it by now but for chronic procrastination. Probably will be doing several all-nighters to get it done in time…..

nickc

No it isn’t.

is this a 5 minute argument,  or the full half hour?

Cougar

I have never learnt that there is plenty of time to produce academic work in advance of the deadline given.

You are me and I claim my five pounds.

Olly
    Free Member

nipping out to the shed to do a quick job, but then allowing that quick job to develop into a job involving Paint, or Glue, or Oil or worst of all NoMoreNails without checking whether you might be wearing your best/favorite Jumper.

Former best jumper.

Every flipping time.

p7eaven
    Free Member

I have never learnt that there is plenty of time to produce academic work in advance of the deadline given.

3am special. Always do it. Always hate it.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Procrastination for the most part. So, go and get petrol ahead of when you need it not when you’re late to get to whatever appointment you have and need fuel to get there.

Stooze the credit card over before the 0% finishes not 4months of interest later.

Choose to annoy the good lady her indoors at the same time every month for nearly two decades – it’s the definition of stoopid!

theotherjonv

I have never learnt that there is plenty of time to produce ANY work in advance of the deadline given.

FTFY

white101

All of the above

richmtb

Glad its not just me

binners

Every

single

sodding

time!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Lessons you never learn’ is closed to new replies.