Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Les Gets to Samoens – La Bourgeoise
  • phil5556

Are the Trailforks lines good to follow?

And I assume the Red is the one everyone talks about, what’s the Blue one like?

Cheers 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

The red is  great,watch out for walkers though, seemed quite popular!

Akers

Rode the red one last summer, great trail. Yes the Trailforks line follows the trail accurately. There were some trees down towards the end that we had to work around, but these may have been removed by now.

Ambrose

A few of us rode it in the wet- never again. It’s a great ride though.

GeForceJunky

That is not the way I have ever ridden it. I’ve always followed the ridge (blue, very rooty) until the fun stuff runs out, then fireroad across to below Le Tour, road climb to Chantemerle then back into the woods for the red ending.

GeForceJunky

View post on imgur.com

Ignore the start taking the fireroad climb up to Tete du Vaurgne, unless you want a challenge. It’s beautiful but many sharp hairpins.

I also took the lower route up to the start peak, as the main path is horribly bumpy. The lower is much quicker on an ebike, but more climbing.

I was going to try going over Pointe de Chamossiere, but was in a rush to get to the World Champs.

wors

Done both, thought the blue line was better imo. But they are both brilliant! If anyone has any good tips to get back to Les Gets from there, or just to the top of Joux Plane?

GeForceJunky

I’ve been back 3 ways:
    1. Easiest is road to Tannings, back road to Les Gets, can go off-road past chapel half way up valley, but more climbing. Otherwise it’s the main road into Les Gets.

2. Up the Col de la Golese valley then down into Morzine. Mostly steep fireroad.

3. Best way, but on the limit of my 504wh battery. Road to Verchaix, then up steep road/fireroad to Veruy and chapel above, then down into Les Gets via well known wooded singletrack route.

phil5556

If anyone has any good tips to get back to Les Gets from there, or just to the top of Joux Plane?

We’ve got 2 vans 😁

Cheers for the infos.
    It’s looking dry tomorrow and not *too* wet today so might give it a go.

phil5556

thought the blue line was better imo

Might try GeForce’s option to start on the blue and then cut across 🤔

GeForceJunky

After the first long rooty section, you cross over the road, here you want to look for singletrack that heads right, better than the fireroad. When this runs out (old tape between trees), there is a short fireroad decent. Look for more DH on the right lower down, it isn’t obvious, although there are a few options.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Rosta trail off the joux Plane is superb down to the back of Les gets…Done it twice this summer…

See my route from last week. Also know as Colorado trail – the most southerly trail on this loop
    https://www.strava.com/activities/7702265899

phil5556

@freeridenick Cheers one for next time maybe 👍

Tomorrow sorted I think…

Orange up to Bourgeoise then purple down starting on the blue cutting across to the red.

freeridenick
    Free Member

There is a bus back from Samoens if you want to avoid shuttling…has bike hooks on the back

phil5556

To Les Gets though or Joux Plane?

wors

Rosta trail off the joux Plane is superb down to the back of Les gets…Done it twice this summer…

See my route from last week. Also know as Colorado trail – the most southerly trail on this loop
    https://www.strava.com/activities/7702265899

Will save that for next year Nick, cheers!!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

we got a shuttle back with mountain spirit bike shop , about 40 euros

phil5556

we got a shuttle back with mountain spirit bike shop , about 40 euros

Cheers, we’ll just spend the time putting a van at each end 👍

phil5556

Done ✅

Great day for it & great fun. Will have to try the full red next time we’re here. Was nice to do something out of the bike parks.

@GeForceJunky
    that climb up the road between the blue & red sucked! 🤣

Off to Crans Montana tomorrow we think.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.