Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Lenser M7 as a bar torch…
  • user-removed
    Free Member

A good while ago, I took advantage of an Amazon deal and bought an M7 for about £30. The idea was to use it as a bar torch when my ebay special died. The cheapy light is still going strong and the M7 just gets used for looking under the sink / car bonnet etc.

Out of idle interest I had a look to see what they normally sell for and was amazed that folk are happily paying £70+ for them.

The upshot is I’m now scared to put it on my bars! Would you? Do you?

beanum

This doesn’t answer your question but might make you question whether or not it is suitable… I was looking at LED lenser torches recently and found this review website (below). The LED lensers seem to drop their brightness below 50% after only 15 minutes to save the battery, I’m not sure if this makes them a good bike light…? If you haven’t experienced this then please ignore me.. 🙂

Source

user-removed
    Free Member

Interesting, thanks. I’ve never had it on for more than five mins at a time so haven’t experienced this yet. My main worry is that it’s perhaps not designed to take the bashing. There’s an O-ring at the battery end but that seems to be the only concession to ruggedness. Might just stick with the cheap lights…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Lenser M7 as a bar torch…’ is closed to new replies.