Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lens adapter
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I need a lens adapter to use my Nikon D5000 lens in a Fuji X mount camera.

Anyone have any experience? Are they just plug and play? What about the autofocus etc?

unclezaskar
    Free Member

Only got experience of using lots of adapters to mount older manual focus and manual aperture lenses to my fuji X-T1

I use the ones from K&F concepts (have adapters for m42, pentax k mount, and canon lenses currently)

There are some new adapters hitting the market that adapt the auto focus mechanism from one manufacturer to fuji but dont have any experience of what’s what

Might be worth looking over on the fuji forums for latest advice/info

downshep

It depends masively on how much you pay for the adapter. I’ve got a very cheap adapter that allows Canon EF lenses to fit M43 bodies. It has no optics or electronic connections so control of focus and exposure is manual. You can pay hundreds for a speedbooster type adapter with a corrective lens and electronic connectors but that type of money can buy a decent lens so is pointless unless you have a collection of posh legacy lenses.

sarawak
    Free Member

I use Fuji X cameras regularly.
    I also have some adapted lenses that I use with adapters.
    The K & F Concept ones mentioned are very good value for money.
    However they do require you to use manual focus. Metering won’t be affected but AF won’t work.
    You can buy adapters from a variety of sources that will have electrical contacts built in and will allow full use of the lenses features.

There is one big problem. I don’t know your lens but think that it doesn’t have a separate aperture ring. I assume your Nikon sets the aperture in the lens. Once you put it on a “dumb” adapter such as K&F you will loose all control over aperture settings as well as the focus feature.

You can get round this but you need one of the adapters with built in contacts.

The dumb adapters cost £10/20 each. The wired up adapters can cost hundreds of pounds.

I’m not sure why you would want to use your Nikon lens but it won’t be simple.
    Fuji lenses are not prohibitively expensive and are excellent value for money.

The cheap option is to seek out what are called legacy lenses. These are effectively old lenses from the film camera era. Some are excellent and cost buttons. I use a Helios 58mm on an adaptor. One of the best lenses ever made.

You could look at forums such as Talk Photography or The Original Fuji X Forum if you want to get swamped with answers.

PM me if you prefer.

What camera are you using?

twicewithchips
    Free Member

I have experimented with a cheap adapter that is essentially a metal tube, with the appropriate bayonets at each end. Manual everything. You can have it if you want.
    PM me (if that’s still a thing on here)?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lens adapter’ is closed to new replies.