• This topic has 1,794 replies, 226 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by nixie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 1,795 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • Mikkel
    Free Member

Its huge

Running out of space, need a bigger house.

2023-09-14_02-26-41

weeksy

wine, spirits, giant knives and Lego… what could possibly go wrong 😀

Mikkel
    Free Member

Im guessing its the arrow quiver you are mistaking for a knife.

All the knives (home made ones) are out of sight of picture and so is all the bows.

The whiskey needs to go to make more room for Lego.

Cougar

wine, spirits, giant knives and Lego… what could possibly go wrong 😀

Anyone seen WCA lately? 😁

The whiskey needs to go to make more room for Lego.

At the risk of repeating myself…

dirkpitt74

The Mrs has just finished this:

PXL_20230913_194828561.NIGHT

PXL_20230913_194931365.NIGHTPXL_20230913_194943634.NIGHTPXL_20230913_194953480.NIGHTPXL_20230913_194845762.NIGHTPXL_20230913_194854971.NIGHT

But we appear to not have any shelf space for it…….

Cougar

I don’t recall Gringott’s having an X-Wing…

peterno51

Have you ever seen Yoda and Dobbie in the same room, makes you think..

Mikkel
    Free Member

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Friend that work at Lego just showed me pictures of the full size Bugatti that they have at the main office, i dont have room for that for sure</p>

scuttler

That Gringotts Bank is astonishing.

dirkpitt74

@scuttler it certainly is.

Problem is we’ve run out of room…….

PXL_20230914_201048070

pocpoc
    Free Member

Both the Concorde and Gringotts look very finely balanced and top heavy. One accidental bang in to the table and there’s going to be a lot of rebuilding required!

Also, some of these shelves make my collection and display set up look a bit ameteur…

20230915_092936

13thfloormonk

Thank the lord! I made the mistake of showing my 6 year old a picture of the real AT-AT in the Lego store in Edinburgh. Hoping he hasn’t figured out what scale it’s at because I don’t fancy trying to explain why he can’t have a £750 Lego model.

Hopefully he’ll be just as pleased with the tiny version 🙄

spot1978
    Free Member

Whilst not Lego; I’m excited to have a new large Forge World model from the Warhammer 40K range of miniatures to build.

lots of cleaning, building and painting ahead.

https://imgur.com/a/vpnK0gE

This is an Astraeus Super Heavy tank https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Astraeus-Super-heavy-Tank-2017

That said my boy and I have just built the Lego Technic Peugeot Le Man car and the Audi Dakar…I’ll post some pics of those

Mikkel
    Free Member

Concorde is really solid build.

You can knock the nose cone of easily but you can grab it anywhere to lift it.

stumpyjon

Better than the Falcon then which explodes to the touch. My next Lego project is to butcher a load of Billy bookcases I’ve inherited from the lady next door who exploded to make deeper shelves with doors to actually fit the bigger stuff and hopefully avoid Cougars pet hate of dusty Lego. I have also applied anti UV film to the back bedroom windows to protect the Lego. I may have a Lego habit.

Cougar

Better than the Falcon then which explodes to the touch.

I was showing off my Saturn V to a friend, I picked it up and said “it’s really quite robust” and a split-second later it buckled in my hands. The second stage fell out the middle, hit the coffee table and disintegrated. His legs went. He’s still getting mileage out of it now and how old is this thread?

Rich_s

My next Lego project is to butcher a load of Billy bookcases I’ve inherited from the lady next door who exploded

Make sure you wipe them down first.

Daffy
    Mikkel
    Free Member

I have made arrangements for a friend who works at Lego to buy that Republic cruiser for me 🙂

Just need to sort a new shelf so it can sit above the Star Destroyer.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Just saw on Insta a Lego Dune thopter. Very cool.

clubby

Where’s the best place to buy longer pieces of Lego? Brought my old stuff out of storage now that jnr’s old enough. He also has lots of various mini figures from magazines. What we are lacking is a decent amount of larger pieces for buildings etc.  Obviously eBay but never quite sure what you are going to get. 

stumpyjon

Ebay is the best bet, expect to wash it and remove the fake Lego, damaged Lego, aim to pay around £10 to £15 per kilo including postage. Cheapest way by far.

You can buy direct from Lego, which is usually quite expensive, their pick a brick range is now huge. BrickOwl and Bricklink are also online market places for Lego but unless you want specific parts it can get also get quite pricey. If you have a Lego store nearby most have a wall of pick and mix Lego, what’s in it can vary a lot but it can be a cheap way to stock up. You get a pick and mix style plastic cup to fill up (changing to cardboard boxes at the moment). Don’t be afraid to stack piece together to maximises what you can get in the cup.

Daffy

Another Argos bargain:

UCS Republic Gunship.  £345 now £275.  TopCashback can save another 10% on that making it £248.

Pretty good value for a big star wars kit with ~3300 pieces.

mtbfix

I got the UCS Gunship a few months ago. It’s so big, I had to take one of the wings of to fit it on the shelf.

Rich_s

IMG-20231123-WA0005Just completed the Space Shuttle, aided and abetted by my littlest. It’s been tough for her to do, whereas she loved the Apollo build.

The build itself is just lovely. Well recommended if you can find it in the sales.

It’s joined the “space shelf” in my office.

PXL_20231124_095128692

nixie

Shuttle looks ace, I’ve finally decided to order it. The free kit from Lego is about as much ‘discount’ as this kit has had. Seems only available via Smyths or Lego direct.

walowiz

Like the shuttle, any chance it’s on any kind of discount anywhere?

Rich_s

Not really. As Nixie says, it tends to be offered with a freebie. Maybe you could snag a slight discount or cashback, but that’s about it.

scuttler

Shuttle is great! Very enjoyable build.

hofnar
    Free Member

Had a hard to resist perfect storm conditions over the month of November.

Been booked in hospital and then was released on Black Friday itself gonna get some of my boxes/stock to ad to the collection later in the day from the Neighbours excited like a 5 year old waiting for Santa to pitch up.

grahamt1980

Am trying to decide on the orient express released later on this week.
    I think I will add an still annoyed I couldn’t afford the emerald when it came out years ago

Rich_s

I half keep an eye out for Titanic. Dunno whether I ever would buy it, but I have a shelf in mind for positioning it…

nixie

I want the titanic but it’s so much…

I have the shuttle, I’m toying with the idea of getting the lighting kit for it.

Rich_s

I spotted the whole external fuel tank and SRB thing for it. To go next to my Apollo rocket. Cost on rebrickable was something like £700.

I’m not getting the external fuel tank and SRB thing for it.

nixie

I think there are cheaper non Lego tank/srb options.

Rich_s

I think there are cheaper non Lego tank/srb options

Nope nope nope nope nope.

I’m focusing on the Titanic. 😁

tomhoward

Just back from the Leeds Brick Festival, some interesting displays (nothing compared to the cons you see in the states) and plenty of nostalgia from older kits.

However, from the many, many folk selling stuff at apparently market rate, I appear to be closer to being able to retire than first thought 😮

Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 1,795 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM