Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Left Hand side only of Bottom Bracket… Available?
  • Marge
    Free Member

Prepping one of the bikes at the weekend I found the bearing was rather rough on the left hand side of my bottom bracket.
    I seem to only ever wear out the non-drive side – is this normal?

Is it still possible to buy just the one side of a BB? The XTR 960 used to be available like this but now seems rather rare. (CRC have the drive side only listed)

Another option is to swap the bearings out I guess. Anyone bothered to do this? Worth the effort? I guess it's just a case of heating the cup to get the old bearing out / new bearing in?

andrewh
    Free Member

Just bumping this up for you.

If anyone knows of a left side set for Truvative GXP I would be most interested (for my other half's bike, I wouldn't touch Truvative with a sterilised barge pole, had a BB once and it lasted 25 hours, £80 Ti ISIS one. Chain Reaction's warrenty dept is shocking too, never bought anything from them since)

carlphillips
    Free Member

change the bearing its cheap and simple solution to new bb bearings.
    if you contact betd and buy 5 sets of bearings they give you the tool for free, i did and sold the extra bearings on to mates (apart from sponging machine who never paid me..are you listening rich!?)
    the bearing swap take sliterally seconds and from then on you will only need to source replacement bearings from your local manufacturer.

Olly
    Free Member

i had one side of an Xt BB fail on me.
    so replaced it with something else (superstar)

the other side failed on the Superstar one, so now have one half of each 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Left Hand side only of Bottom Bracket… Available?’ is closed to new replies.