Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Leeds Urban Bike Park
  • mattinyorkshire
    Free Member

The website lists opening times, but do the trails actually open and close?.

I’m sure I’ve read about people doing night rides there but could be wrong.

ton

trails open all the time. carpark opens about 7.30ish and closes when riders have done.

mattinyorkshire
    Free Member

Good stuff, thanks. We’re looking to get there early on Saturday so 07:30 is ideal if we can get parked.

tomhoward

I’ve never known the car park to be shut, been that at all times. From 6am to 9pm

ton

council open the gates on a morning. lock em to stopping dogging n other dodgy stuff

cyclelife
    Free Member

You’ll be done by 8.00am. Coffee’s good though.

mattinyorkshire
    Free Member

It’ll hopefully make a bit of a change to the usual stuff we ride, so if we can get a couple of hours out of it we’ll be happy.

tomhoward

We tend to spend 2-4 hours there. The layout allows you to session sections by looping back and re doing, or there’s the BMX track and pump track to hone skills.

markhammill
    Free Member

go have fun only the trail gods get bored after thirty minutes

dthom3uk

I’m a regular at LUBK. It’s an ace place. You can easily spend a couple of hours playing. It’s a great place to go and work on your skills. The trails are easy to loop back on and you can easily session stuff over and over. Treat it with respect though on your first runs down the trails as there are plenty of people who’ve rocked up on expensive bikes then wrapped themselves around trees etc….

The Cafe is good as well.

joebristol

I’d say there’s enough there for a good few hours of playing but it’s not like a standard trail centre with big loops. There’s a (lame) blue circuit which is really short, but the red circuit down into the Woods is fun. Plenty of big jumps at the start then a lot of cheaper double-able humps further down. It’s setup so you can nicely session particular bits you like – then there are 3 very short black graded rolls – 1 is a completely out of character with everything else huge drop off (think the middle black), the other 2 are fine.

Then there are numerous bmx type tracks with mostly tables but a few doubles – plus a pump track.

el_boufador

Yeah watch out for the middle black! I went off it without checking the trail first and very nearly binned it bigstyle. Just about rode it out.
    Overall I think lubp is really ace, especially as something to do with the family that keeps all levels of rider entertained. I am a very experienced rider and some of the red jumps are way too much for me to clear. I need to get practicing! Pump track also really good fun but busy with kids.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

The lame blue :0)
    hit the 3 berms at speed from the off (start off on the big red jumps mound at the start before the bridge) and it’s far from lame..

Great place for sessioning I normally aim for 730-8am start and only once the gates have been closed.. that gets you a red trail to yourself for an hour or two depending on weather

tomhoward

We do the no pedal challenge on the ‘lame’ blue. If you want to win then its no brakes, pumping everything, too, makes it interesting…

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

The No pedal challenge on the red from the tarmac (ie without the big new start) off the little drop off with metal scaffolding pole to the left is a great challenge too

colp

Went today for the first time.
    Loved what they have achieved.
    The long set of tables are ace, spent about 3 hours on those alone.
    The trail through the woods was a nice little loop.
    Would definitely go again, shame it’s a 75 mile drive!

A few shots of my lad and his mate.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

tomhoward

We’re off up for a night ride tomorrow, if anyone fancies it, 630 blast off, nothing serious, just messing about.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Leeds Urban Bike Park’ is closed to new replies.