Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Leeds accommodation for the night
  • sadexpunk

me and the missus coming up to see a band at the O2 academy early december, so we ought to get a wiggle on and book some accommodation. im guessing a car would be a nightmare so we’ll probs train it in.

is it just the usual travelodge type hotels near the station, or does anyone know of a cheap but nice pad to lay our (sweaty) heads afterwards? airbnb worth a look for one night, or should we stick with sites such as booking.com etc?

cheers

ads678

There are shed loads of hotels around the station, various different budgets. Also various aparthotels as well.

Booking.com or air b&b would be fine. Or just look at Google maps.

Hilton double tree has a nice bar on the roof.

Loads of parking as well so driving wouldn’t really be a problem.

Daffy

Roomzzz, the Malmaison or the Radisson would get my vote.

frankconway

Mal and Radisson don’t satisfy OP’s requirement to be cheap.

davosaurusrex

I had a couple of nights at the DoubleTree last week. Was a work trip so I didn’t pay but was mid range in terms of expense I’d have said. Nice bar as above although a little bit footballers wives. Good location

ji
    Free Member

I always drive from Lincolnshire to Leeds – parking is easy and not too expensive. CHeck out the Village hotels (think there are 2 in Leeds, a bit on hte outskirts, but often have cheap deals).

alchiltern
    Free Member

I stay in Leeds frequently. From direct and 2nd hand experience, I’d recommend avoiding both the travel lodge by the station and vicar lane. I use Jurys Inn, park plaza, doubletree or Hilton. The former is lowest cost usually, but good rates can normally be found for all, given enough advance notice. Many many other choices available though.

sadexpunk

thank you very much.

looking like roomzzz is coming out favourite at present, and the convenience of driving plus what looks to be a £10 per night parking charge is looking a better option than £33 on the train (which still isnt a bad price for a return trip for two)

cheers

Mugboo

I’ve heard Winstons is delightful.

chestrockwell

I’ve heard Winstons is delightful.

Wince.

Leeds is usually pretty easy to get in to via car outside of rush hour. Plenty of hotels including many mentioned on the south side of the station that are easily accessible from the M621. We stayed at the Double Tree where the Sky Bar is and it was decent enough.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Leeds accommodation for the night’ is closed to new replies.