Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Le Mans – spectator accomodation advice / recommendations
  • dicky
    Free Member

I've been given some Le Mans tickets as a gift and need to find out accomodation options for staying at or near the circuit for the race weekend. Has anyone got any information on the various options – I know there is a campsite there but are there any good (and cheap..) hotels nearby? Alternatively any good websites / resources for spectator information? Any tips from anyone who's been would be much appreciated. Thanks

mikertroid
    Free Member

The Boule D'Or in Mulsanne was a great place to stay a few years back; used to go there every year with my Dad.

Michel 'Le Patron' was a great host and the food was excellent. Haven't been for a few years, but I would very much imagine it's still going strong.

goon
    Free Member

Beer Mountain Clicky.

Everything you'll ever need to know. Google for the Club Arnage Guide too. This year's not yet out, but 2009 still relevant.

Have fun! I went for the first time last year, and am going again this year. An amazing event.

br
    Free Member

Cheap? Do you know how many people go to the event…

Camping is fine, but if you go by car/van you are really limited to a corner you can walk to. A cycle and/or m/c is very useful for visiting the others.

Chew
    Free Member

Its a 24 hour race, so just stay awake for the whole 24 hours.

Went in '08 and just slept on the banking in the rain. All part of the experience.

Dan67
    Free Member

Nah its all about Mad friday. If you like general hooliganism its a good laugh. Most cars wheel spinning, dragging and revving of engines. If you love exoctic cars there's not many you won't see at le mans
    Also alot of pissed off french who happen to have their car windows down and a few people with water guns soaking them as they drive by. They decide to get out of their cars and confront the "mob" only to get soaked by everyone else.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sleep under the car

We had to park ours half way up the bank on the verge to be able to get under it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Le Mans – spectator accomodation advice / recommendations’ is closed to new replies.