Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Laydeeez of STW…. would you regard this as reasonable behaviour?
  • binners

And personally I don’t think it is. In fact, I think it could be classed as a form of mental torture.

A girl at work has got a wedding to go to next weekend. She has, by her own admission, put a bit of weight on of late. Not loads. But a bit.

Anyway…. she gets her posh frock out, which she hasn’t worn for a while, and tries it on. She thinks it looks fine, but she wants a second opinion. So she heads downstairs and does something that is likely to strike fear into the heart of every bloke reading this. I came out in a cold sweat at the very thought of it. She asked her husband

“I know I’ve put a bit of weight on recently, but what does this dress look like? And I want an honest answer”

Now as a bloke, how the hell are you supposed to answer that? How? We’re just not wired for challenges like this, are we? So he did what most of us would do. He sat there like a rabbit in the headlights, mute, for what must have seemed like an eternity (but was probably a few seconds), as his poor fragile man-brain tried to comprehend both the right answer, and the repercussions of the wrong answer.

So on not getting the immediate correct answer, she then explodes with “WELL I’M NOT GOING TO ****ING WEAR IT NOW, AM I? YOU BASTARD!!!!” and stormed off! I believe that privileges have been withheld.

So…. as the title suggests… would you regard what she did as reasonable behaviour?

Jamie
    Free Member

*insert clichés here*

😛

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve pretty much got this memorised…

I think you look beautiful but you’ve got to feel comfortable in it, if you’re not we could pop down to john lewis and see if there’s anything you like the look of?

Onzadog
    Free Member

So the dress didn’t fit properly anymore then?

MoreCashThanDash

In the 19 years I have known her, MrsMC has never asked for my opinion on an item of clothing, so I am not qualified to answer.

She is definitely a keeper.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

scaled is a silver tongued devil.

weeksy

Mrs Weeksy seems to take this sort of stuff well.

“how does this look?”

“Awful”…

“ok, will send it back”

🙂

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

The correct answer is, as always a bit of fluffage followed by whirly birding the biatch.

binners

*stares in wide-eyed, awe-struck wonder at scaled*

fasthaggis

Yes ,it was a test,he failed*.

* a bit like crashing the car during a driving test 😉

jam-bo

Q: does this dress make me look fat?

A: no, thats all the pies and cakes you eat.

is the correct answer.

nedrapier

She knows what the answer is and, bar a very convincing argument to the contrary, isn’t going to be wearing it.

She puts him on the spot, her 99% “not flattering” feelings are confirmed by his floundering silence. Blames him for it, strops.

100% predictable. Not very nice or honest of her, though. Hopefully she’ll apologise…

IANAL

jambourgie
    Free Member

I think you look beautiful but you’ve got to feel comfortable in it, if you’re not we could pop down to john lewis Marquee World and see if there’s anything you like the look of?

cinnamon_girl

Oh dear, I’m not like normal ladeeeez cos I’d never ask a bloke his opinion. Y’know, same way as I wouldn’t invite comments on my latest steed. 😉

IOW if I’m not happy then he won’t be! 😆

DezB
    Free Member

would you regard what she did as reasonable behaviour?

Since when did reasonable behaviour become relevant when talking about wimmin?

fionap

He couldn’t win in that situation. She obviously didn’t feel comfortable and even if he had said it looked perfect, wouldn’t have believed him. She shouldn’t have asked. (But we all do masochistic stupid things sometimes, right?)

BigDummy
    Free Member

Slim lady in well-fitting dress – fine
    Tubby lady in well-fitting dress – fine
    Slim lady in tubby lady dress – not ideal
    Tubby lady in thin lady dress – not ideal

And no-one has ever asked a stupid question like “I know I’ve put a bit of weight on recently, but what does this dress look like?” without a sweaty battle to do the stupid thing’s zip up, which should have made the answer obvious enough not to ask the question.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHjVt6TmOhY[/video]

dannyh
    Free Member

would you regard what she did as reasonable behaviour?

Amateur – you are asking the wrong question.

It is irrelevant whether it is reasonable in the eyes of a normal (male) person.

Don’t bother trying to resolve this one – you need two X chromosomes to be right.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think you look beautiful but you’ve got to feel comfortable in it, if you’re not we could pop down to john lewis and see if there’s anything you like the look of?
    Applauds
    Memorises.

unklehomered
    Free Member

He only had one way out of that to be honest.

Suicide.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

binners – where on earth do you work mate? Do you sound like John Inman – – I’m free?

theteaboy
    Free Member

I’ve inadvertently had this problem in the past, after a tiring day at work.

Her: I need to run more. I’m the fattest I’ve ever been.

Me: No you’re not.

Her: What?

Me: Er, um, you’re not fat is what I meant. I didn’t mean that you’ve been fatter. Er… <Head explodes>

She’s not fat, has never been fat, does not need to lose weight, wants to run more. I just need to shut up.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m no Ladyeez, but I’ll answer..

Honesty is by far the best policy, blunt, brutal and up front.

Clearly she felt fat, all you needed to do was agree. 😛

rossatease
    Free Member

I’m just intrigued at the number of (obvious to me now) lady boys that answered this thread which correct me if i’m wrong was addressed to the ladies of STW.

That was the test as I saw it.

Good Answer by scaled I guess she would expect that.

Saccades
    Free Member

Scaled – brilliant, truly brilliant any other nuggets of wisdom?

j450n
    Free Member

Tell her that Sausages are you’re favorite!

thegreatape
    Free Member

You can get equally in the shit by being observant, thoughtful and sympathetic – ‘Are you ok, you look quite poorly?’

retro83
    Free Member

scaled – Member

hooli

I have been with my Mrs for 15 years, she knows if she asks my opinion, she will get my opinion, not what she wants to hear. I am not capable of subtle hints and undertones.

cookeaa

Amateur!
    He Should have Answered the initial Question with another Question:

(covering his eyes) He needed to Say “It’s Bad luck for me to see you in the Dress before the big day isn’t it???”

while she explains why it’s OK He has time to get his answer straight, Turn around and say: “You look fantastic! I really can’t wait, but go and put it away before you mark it!”…

I was lucky though, My missus stuck to tradition/superstition and I wasn’t allowed to see the dress before the big day…

Now We’re married, I just give everything an instant positive review even if it looks crap, because she’ll immediately “self review” it anyway, and tell me I’m wrong, so long as I wasn’t mean then I sort of win… And a pause is apparently as bad as Shouting “You big Fat fatty!!!”, Never pause, no matter that you care enough to think about how you might save her feelings, instant enthusiasm and positive reinforcement is what she wants… Your honest opinion is irrelevant she’s got her friends for that.

In much the same way, the the correct answer to “Am I high Maintenance?” is always an emphatic “No!” regardless of the facts…

cheez0
    Free Member

Scaled.. dont be fooled into thinking your mrs buys all that bullshit.

she just lets you say that so you can buy her another dress and helps her forget to ask you about that latest wiggle parcel.

🙂

cookeaa

she just lets you say that so you can buy her another dress and helps her forget to ask you about that latest wiggle parcel.

Wiggle/CRC/Merlin/etc packages all go to work shirley?

tomhoward

*imagines Binners and scaled in the scene in Wolf of Wall Street were Donnie Azoff meets Jordan Belfort*

annebr
    Free Member

Unreasonable.

I would answer that with “OMG that’s hideous!!!!… Jokes, You look great dear. Are you sure you can breathe in that?”

Or

“The fact you are asking indicates you are unsure about that dress so why don’t you get something you’ll be happy and comfortable in.”

globalti
    Free Member

Wise words indeed. She was asking for a new dress because she hasn’t got a thing to wear. The OP’s mate missed the cue.

chazmandingo
    Free Member

The “girl at work” was you wasn’t it Binners? No the dress looked hideous on you and you really shouldn’t have had a strop over it.

martinhutch

I’d have probably gone with:

“Nah, looks great, but it must be getting a bit old now. You should probably pop out and get something new…I could go in the bike shop while you try a few things on.”

Or run away.

grahamg
    Free Member

I just do the whole Gok Wann and give an honest appraisal with full rationale. She really appreciates it, and it means that I have to go shopping with her every time too, failing that I get the yay/nay final vote on anything she’s unsure of if I wasn’t with her 😀

Northwind

Last time I was asked this-
    “Should I wear this, or this?”
    “That one”.
    “You don’t think it’s a bit slutty?”
    “Well, uh, I… Checkmate!”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Laydeeez of STW…. would you regard this as reasonable behaviour?’ is closed to new replies.