• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Laptop for under £200?
  • sv

Anyone spotted any that stand out or are they all much the same at that price? Itll only be for using Word and internet surfing, prefer to avoid Chromebooks.

Thanks.

aracer
    Free Member

Chro oh.

Ebay is your friend.

slackboy

I’d go with something like this, refurbished ex business laptop. They have a core i5 processor and will handle most general computer tasks.

Dell £199

Lenovo Thinkpad

mattyfez

Refurbished business laptop will be fine, as above an i5 dell vostro or similar will be fine..

A brand new high Street model will be junk at £200.

toby

I’m with Slackboy – I’ve just steered my mum towards one of these. I got the T420 with the i7 earlier in the year and it’s replaced my desktop…

Alternate source for Lenovo…

sv

Nice one, will take a look.

tomaso
    Free Member

Wife has an i5 Lenovo business refub laptop. The build quality is impressive, but no HDMI port
    3000rpm have a good range

chrisdw
    Free Member

I got a refurb Lenovo. No HDMI but they have got DisplayPort, which seems to work just as well as HDMI. Cheap cables available on Amazon.

Got mine from 3000RPM. Some marks on the case, but works fine.

cudubh

These Lenovo refurbed laptops look pretty good. Using the STW crystal ball is there likely to be any better value hanging on until Friday or is that just being greedy? I am looking for something for work, just started a new business so every penny is a prisoner. I don’t need anything fancy, mostly just your basic Office type stuff, and STW of course.

Muke
    Free Member

Book marking thread as will be in the £200 laptop market soon

aracer
    Free Member

Has anybody suggested a refurb Lenovo yet? 😳

(that or ebay – typing on a £100 Lenovo off ebay)

Retrodirect
    Free Member

hp stream 11 pro, had it a month or so. Was about £140. You need to buy a 32gb SD card if you don’t have one lying around as it has no internal storage and it has only two USB slots but it’s damn cheap and really good for the word and internet surfing i use it for.

The pro model is the education one, that comes in black, has a TPM chip installed in it somewhere and is cheaper.

you also get windows 8 on it instead of the google OS if that matters.

muggomagic

I bought one of these for my daughter.

HP 255

Muke
    Free Member

After looking around went for a refurb Lenovo Thinkpad from 3000rpm. Great service with a couple of minor problems quickly fixed.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Laptop for under £200?’ is closed to new replies.