Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Laptop choice
  • sparkerfix

New laptop time. Currently using a Dell xps which has been faultless. So obviously looking at another of the same but I’ve also been looking at the Lenovo Yoga’s. Any experiences ? Reliability is key I guess, fairly rugged as used in workshops a lot.

chestrockwell

What ever you do, don’t get a Chromebook. They’re hopeless.

mmcd

Have used both Surdace Book and Surface Pros, I’d say they were worth checking out.

leffeboy

Yoga’s are nice but I’m not sure how rugged they are. I think you might be looking at a T490 or something in that series for that sorry of thing.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Get another Dell don’t get a Surface Pro. My Surface Pro struggles with Excel, very slow and makes it all so difficult. Just changed to a Dell, performance is night and day.

andy4d

Another vote for the lenovo T series for durability/ruggedness. I have a t450 and love it.

FuzzyWuzzy

What sort of budget? Although I’m a Dell fan myself the ASUS model that was the same spec. and price (£500) that my brother bought recently seemed much nicer than the Dell (better keyboard & edge to edge display mostly), made the Dell seem very dated. No clue on ruggedness though, unless you’re spending a lot on a specific rugged model they’re probably all much of a muchness

schrickvr6
    Free Member

If rugged is your thing, don’t bother with any sort of touchscreen convertible malarkey, more to go wrong and more difficult and expensive to fix.

onewheelgood

The last Windows laptop I had was an HP Spectre X360. It was an absolutely lovely piece of kit, and the more recent ones look even better. Worth a look.

jam-bo

my work laptop is a yoga 260. seems pretty good so far and it doesn’t get treated well.

avagracie
    Free Member

Actually I suggest you that purchase a machine with abilities beyond your need keep in mind your needs will change over time as well.
    Normally, I recommend laptops or System targeted towards business professionals that tend to emphasize performance and durability.

1) Apple MacBook Pro
    2) Dell Latitude
    3) HP ProBook or EliteBook
    4) Lenovo ThinkPad

sparkerfix

Thanks all. Plenty to think about!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Laptop choice’ is closed to new replies.