• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by dlr.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lapierre Zesty ?
  • laughingontheinside
    Free Member

Had a look at the Lapierre Zesty today in my LBS. The plan was to look at Spesh Stumpy Fsr and Orange 5 but I was really quite taken with the Zesty. Plan is to take the Orange 5 and Lapierre Zesty 314 out for a demo. Lots of people rave about the 5 but does anyone ride a Zesty and what are your opinions ?

PaulMc
    Free Member

I am REALLY happy with my Zesty 714 (2008 model). It is light, fast and looks great in white. It climbs brilliantly and is just so much fun downhill, it just makes me want to go faster. Recently did the Beast at CYB with 2 mates on an old Stumpy FSR and a 2009 Enduro hire bike. We swapped bikes for a bit and the Zesty was the favourite (for 2 of us anyway).

Foundry
    Free Member

Just been through the same ended up getting the five. I like the shorter chainstay, but that is just my opinion. the Zesty is fast, light and climbs well. but I just prefered the five. worth getting a demo on both. You can then look forward to sleeples night trying to decide.

Jonno

I have the zesty and I love it. Climbs and descends superbly and the level of finish and detail on the frames is top notch.

Get a demo if you can, you won’t regret it.

spooky_b329

GF has the Zesty 514 (last years) and loves it 🙂 Its too small for me so I don’t like riding it, (its a small mens as she finds women specific too short…and she didn’t like the colour of the womens version 🙄 ) but I love decending, soaks up the bumps and feels more sure footed than my Yeti 575. Reckon if I tried one in the correct size with correct shock pressures I’d love it on the ups as well.

They must be good as you never see Zestys and Spicys for sale.

dlr

I think the answer is no but is it possible to buy the Zesty frames by themselves?

piemann
    Free Member

I’m in a similar position. Seriously looking at both the 5 and the Zesty. North West Mountain bikes are having a demo day this Sunday and both of these bad boys are available to try out. I’m gonna try them both. (must not take credit card with me, must not take credit card, must not take credit card with me……..)

cp

you could buy last years frame only, not sure on ’09. They were expensive compared to buying the base model bike though.

dlr

ok thanks. I want a zesty 514 but I already have everything but the frame you see. I could sell it all but its a bit of hassle

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Zesty ?’ is closed to new replies.