Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lapierre Spicy- Seatpost trouble. What to get?
  • getonyourbike
    Free Member

Let’s start from the beginning. I’ve got a Nukeproof saddle and had the standard 350mm Lapierre seatpost on a Lapierre Spicy but as I’m growing, the seatpost is now too short (but the reach is still bang on).

So, I ordered a new seat post, a Nukeproof Warhaed Layback. I’ve just tried to fit it and it’s physically impossible to get it to sit at the right angle (slightly nose down). There is not enough adjustment in the post, and the Spicy hasn’t got a particularly slack seat tube angle anyway.

My first question- Do you think CRC would have it back and give me a refund, eventhough it’s got a couple of scratches on it from fitting?

Second question- What’s out there at at about 380+mm long, with a layback for £40?

Thabks guys.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Have I come up with un-answerable questions? 😮

Which bit is retarded, my frame, seatpost or saddle?

andyl
    Free Member

You need a new (bigger) bike 😀

Doesnt look like much angle adjustment on the NP layback post. Shame they don’t give the angles on the site. I’d just look at some and see what looks like it moves a lot. Could always go to a shop…. 😉

cubexms2011
    Free Member

I use a Thompson lay back on my spicy and it’s nose slightly down

getonyourbike
    Free Member

A Thomson is too much money unfortunately 🙁

cubexms2011
    Free Member

Chech out second hand
    http://bit.ly/UcKzkd

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Thanks. I was checking out used Thomsons, as you suggested, but then saw the Truvativ AKA, which looks like it has a quite an angled base so should work well.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=67695&gclid=CPGOke_ij7ICFUXHtAod_BQAfQ

It also matches the colour of my seat tube and saddle… 😳

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Spicy- Seatpost trouble. What to get?’ is closed to new replies.