Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Langholm Scottish borders
  • badlydrawnchalk
    Free Member

I’ve seen there is a few bits and bobs of trails around the town on Trail forks.

Has anyone any other local knowledge about it?

Worth a visit?

How tech?

How steep?

How all weather?

any info gratefully appreciated.

onehundredthidiot

Some really good stuff some can be techy and steep. Best circuit would be to find a route from the muckle toon adventure festival. There’s a fair bit climbing but it’s all rewarded.
    In fact I think I’ll head on the next dryish day.

jamesmio
    Free Member

It’s not far from me, I’ve ridden a few of the trails during and before the MTAF event. It’s good, aye. Proper natural stuff, none of yer trail centre shenanigans.

Our designer at work is a local and moonlights as chairman of the MTAF event so anything you want to know, ping me a message and I’ll happily pass it on.

The Eskdale is the hotel of choice if you were staying over btw.

badlydrawnchalk
    Free Member

Thanks folks, I like it natural and steep. Is it all fairly obvious to find? Anything not to be missed?

jamesmio
    Free Member

There’s nothing officially waymarked, so it can take a bit of funding in places. From what I remember the trails are spread over the four big hills surrounding the town. I’ll see if I can dig you out one of the previous year’s MTAF routes, that would be a decent starting point at least.

badlydrawnchalk
    Free Member

Cool, that’d be ace. I have trail forks and have been looking at strava. looks like there quite a bit just figuring out the best way to link it all together. Any top tips for trails that must be ridden?

jamesmio
    Free Member

This was a couple of years ago, so some of these trails might have either changed or gone, but it’s a good start.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/FnvUEdhdl2

I’ll speak to Paul tomorrow and see what the current craic is trails wise.

onehundredthidiot

Yeah trailforks and that Strava allow Access to the stuff that I know. You would need to do a couple of little loop rounds to do all the trailforks stuff.

jamesmio
    Free Member

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mtblangholm/ <– is the place to ask, I’m told. There’s also a really good chance one of the yokels on there would be more than happy to give you a bit of a guided tour too.

They’re a friendly bunch. Most of um!

jimmy

This is interesting. I used to go near Langholm (Bentpath) on holiday as a kid, would love to ride trails round there. Will check out the Stravaz.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Langholm Scottish borders’ is closed to new replies.