Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 216 total)
  • Lance Armstrong live interview on Oprah Winfrey TV online now!
  • binners

Heres a thought. Why doesn’t everyone just ignore him? That would be the biggest blow imaginable to his planet-sized ego.

Just leave him to fade it to obscurity instead of going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about him 🙄

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Never seen what all the fuss is myself. So this American chap liked a drink so what.

Oh, hang on…I’ve gone and confused EPO with IPA. Bugger.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

But Globogym were blatantly on drugs- even if he hadn’t decided to return to the match and finish blindfolded, it wasn’t a level playing field. He was a hero, for just being an average joe.

I took that ruthless win-at-all-costs attitude into cycling which was bad

This is what I find interesting. Win at all costs is the message sports brands have been ramming down our throats for years. Not healthy when taken all the way is it

hora
    Free Member

Junkyard
    How can some rise over 180places from one year to be 4th the next ‘because the stages suited his style of riding more’..

Surely out of those 180-odd that a certain someone beat- the stage changes would also ‘suit their style of riding more’ – then they too should be beating a certain rider?

Too many question marks around Sky as well in general. Sorry – I still think where theres money in a sport theres the temptation.

Make them compete on peanuts -with the prize money being a fiver and no sponsership deals available. I wonder how many would dope then?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Oh, hang on…I’ve gone and confused EPO with IPA. Bugger.

If only they had the same effect. Would be a fair few of us in the pro rankings 😛

gonefishin
    Free Member

And that’s another thing! He’s now spoilt one of the funniest film ever made in recent years. It was a brilliant cameo now it’s ruined.

Woody
    Free Member

rogerthecat has it right. I haven’t quite seen it all yet but he was very clever and an awful lot of people will be taken in by it. The balance between remorse and justification eg. taking testosterone/cancer was masterful.

Looking forward to part2

hora
    Free Member

I’ve gone from thinking innocent til proven guilty into cycling to anyone involved in competitive cycling is probably guilty. Thanks Lance et al.

sobriety
    Free Member

Hora, that’s because you’re an idiot. There, I’ve said it.

Make them compete on peanuts -with the prize money being a fiver and no sponsership deals available. I wonder how many would dope then?

^yep ….. Or send him to prison for 15 years. That’s what we’d get as we’re not a celeb/politician/editor/banker. One rule for the commoners, another for the powerful

sobriety – Member
    Hora, that’s because you’re an idiot. There, I’ve said it.

….. That is way out of order. Hora is a romantic, not an idiot

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hora honestly you are not the person I would choose to discuss doping issues with bu tone last time

How can some rise over 180places from one year to be 4th the next ‘because the stages suited his style of riding more’..

Who we discussing here – your facts are all wrong
    2006 – 124
    2007 -withdrawn
    2008 – olympics
    2009- THIRD
    2010- 23
    2011- Withdrawn
    2012 – First

Wiggins was third as LA has been disqualified. He raced in 2007 and then in 2009. Stopping only to win some more golds at the Olympics – where he probably cheated as well eh Mark along with Hoy – I mean have you seen those thighs 🙄

If you must keep up this ridiculous line could you bother to try and get some of the facts correct first- like the years he entered for example or where he finished – you know just the little things] lest your argument looks even less well thought out – that is one hell of an achievement tbh

Basically 2009 was the first time he trained just for the road – all the other times he was a track cyclist who did some road races- this is not exactly secret knowledge I am revealing

Surely out of those 180-odd that a certain someone beat- the stage changes would also ‘suit their style of riding more’ – then they too should be beating a certain rider?

You are just making yourself look silly
    Given his impressive Track pedigree he was always a superb athelete what he was not good at was large mountain stages so he adapted his training to be able to [largely] hang on in the larger mountain stage without being impressive – you know this you watched the races and saw him crack eh.
    He lost weight and lost some of his top end sprinting power in order to be able to TT [ time trial] up mountains

Why am i discussing training with you – i think your knowledge of road cycling is somewhat limited as your every post amply demonstrates

Too many question marks around Sky as well in general. Sorry – I still think where theres money in a sport theres the temptation.

Honestly I think your opinion on doping in cycling is given the same regard as LA’s opinion.

Again no offence but your facts are incorrect and your conclusion is entirely without merit.

Forgive me for not really caring what you think given your lack of knowledge, poor use of “facts” and your previous inability to notice LA was a big cheat

I am not replying to your post re this but i urge you to have a think about this

stanfree
    Free Member

Hora , Are you 12. ?

sputnik
    Free Member

‘Hora , Are you 12. ?’

Stanfree, please stop being so insulting………….to 12 year olds.

Insulting personal comments seems to prove who the 12 year old is.

alex222
    Free Member

Insulting personal comments seems to prove who the 12 year old is.

Plus hora’s dad makes better bacon butties than both stanfree’s and sputnik’s dad’s put together.

roady_tony
    Free Member

I think the biggest thing to come out of it for me was that Lance is actually not a nice person wronged “by the era of doping”, but, as well as a doper, hes a mean and total asshole who’s had no quarms about totally destroying other peoples lives and careers who could possibly show his “lie” to the world, and he actually did not care one bit.
    It seems to me his only issue here is that he now has to go through this “procedure” of saying sorry to these people and organisations in the hope of gaining some kind of Public acceptance – and he doesnt really care what their response is – almost like “if they dont forgive me then i can live with it cos i dont care” attitude.

footflaps

LA was a cheat please dont swing to the other extreme and think this means they all must be cheats

Instead, look to STW role models, such as David Millar 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

DONT GET ME STARTED 👿

MrSmith
    Free Member

You are just making yourself look silly

That comes naturally to some people, others have to work at it.

clubber
    Free Member

100!

andylaightscat
    Free Member

David Millar a role model??
    Well only for any wannabe preening egotists out there

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’m all Lanced out… off to look at some fresh goods.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I steer clear of threads about LA, but I found it quite a revelation that he said “Yes” to many questions.

Enlightening.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Heres a thought. Why doesn’t everyone just ignore him? That would be the biggest blow imaginable to his planet-sized ego.

+1

Oprah interview = carefully stage-managed PR stunt

and he’ll be getting paid for it

higgo
    Free Member

Oprah interview = carefully stage-managed PR stunt

Never going to be any different.

and he’ll be getting paid for it

Supposedly not but he’s certainly aiming to profit from it.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’ve gone from thinking innocent til proven guilty into cycling to anyone involved in competitive cycling is probably guilty.

Within the hour.

wheelz
    Free Member

I’m devastated he waited this long to confess. If he’d fessed up in 2004 then Steve would still be a pirate!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb72h8M5L8U[/video]

atlaz
    Free Member

So wait. Hora went from Lance never doped to everyone always dopes?

Well, lets give credit where it’s due, at least he’s consistent with taking an extreme stance.

mikey74
    Free Member

Is anyone else getting a bit fed up with Nicole Cooke? Her constant appearance in the media really begs the question: “What are you really angry about?” Is it that LA doped? Or is it that your career hasn’t lived up to your expectations?

Does anyone know how many female cyclists have been done for doping? Is it as rampant as it has been in the men’s?

MSP

Her constant appearance in the media really begs the question: “What are you really angry about?”

How much has she actually been in the media, she retired the other day fired some parting shots about drugs in the sports, and with lances interview no surprise the media are going to her for comment.

What is your problem with her?

theblackmount
    Free Member

>Is anyone else getting a bit fed up with Nicole Cooke?<

Not in the least – saw her for the first time on Breakfast TV this a.m and thought she showed remarkable restraint.

Lance **** Armstrong on the other hand….

mikey74
    Free Member

It’s mainly due to the fact that she is dragging up stuff, and getting very emotional on tv about it, that everyone knows about, has been discussed ad nauseum, and the sport is currently trying to rid itself of.

Edit: Oh, and she is aware that doping existed before Armstrong decided to take everyone for chumps?

It’s like she has set the debate back several years, certainly in the eyes of the general public.

She doesn’t seem interested in offering practical ways to keep things moving in the right direction, from what I have seen, she just goes on about how bad things have been in the past. Will the sport ever be able to move on if people like Nicole constantly bang on about the bad days without offering something constructive.

Maybe it isn’t her, maybe it’s just the way the media have taken what she has said and run with it.

By the way, I do agree with what she is saying, I just think she could say it better.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

>Is anyone else getting a bit fed up with Nicole Cooke?<

Nope, more please. It’s naive to imagine drug-cheating just happened in the bad-ole-days. Drag the spectre of drug-cheats kicking and screaming out of the dark cupboard where it thrives. We are not done yet by a long chalk.

piemonster

It’s mainly due to the fact that she is dragging up stuff

Y’mean actual things that have happened. And she’s doing this on telly and stuff. And then getting all worked up it, jeez, it’s not like she’s dedicated her whole adult life to the pursuit of….. oh wait, hang on, I think I may have cottoned on to why it matters to her.

lazybike
    Free Member

Is anyone else getting a bit fed up with Nicole Cooke?

I think she’s earned the right to voice her opinion….

lazybike
    Free Member

Call me naive…but I was shocked when Lance answered yes…

andyrm
    Free Member

It’s mainly due to the fact that she is dragging up stuff, and getting very emotional on tv about it, that everyone knows about, has been discussed ad nauseum, and the sport is currently trying to rid itself of.

Edit: Oh, and she is aware that doping existed before Armstrong decided to take everyone for chumps?

It’s like she has set the debate back several years, certainly in the eyes of the general public.

She doesn’t seem interested in offering practical ways to keep things moving in the right direction, from what I have seen, she just goes on about how bad things have been in the past. Will the sport ever be able to move on if people like Nicole constantly bang on about the bad days without offering something constructive.

Maybe it isn’t her, maybe it’s just the way the media have taken what she has said and run with it.

By the way, I do agree with what she is saying, I just think she could say it better.

Agreed.

She comes across as a has-been who is blaming everyone else for her not being able to build a long term and sustainable career. Yes she has won medals so she has been successful, but does she really think she is helping her peers who are trying to go pro or are currently pros by bitching about things all over the media?

Look instead at the professionalism and restraint shown by Mark Cavendish, who is more affected by this than she is: http://www.facebook.com/OfficialMarkCavendish

MrWoppit
    Free Member

She comes across as a has-been

You should show more respect. That’s the thing about “has beens” – they actually HAVE BEEN.

Have you, yet?

mikey74
    Free Member

it’s not like she’s dedicated her whole adult life to the pursuit of….. oh wait, hang on, I think I may have cottoned on to why it matters to her.

And, by her own admission, she has achieved more than she ever wished to, or expected to. Why is she suddenly playing the victim?

andyrm
    Free Member

You should show more respect. That’s the thing about “has beens” – they actually HAVE BEEN.

Have you, yet?

I’ve not laid any claim to “have been” in the arena of professional women’s cycling, no 😉

What I am saying is that someone who has decided to retire from their sport shouldn’t see it as some sort of “green light” to air their sport’s dirty laundry in public. Maybe think of the bigger picture, see the further damage you are doing to your sport and your peers.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘Lance Armstrong live interview on Oprah Winfrey TV online now!’ is closed to new replies.