Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lake Garda MTB routes.
  • murf
    Free Member

Heading to Manerba del Garda in a months time, has anyone got any recommendations for MTB routes?

I’m a fairly decent rider, my wife is new to MTB from a technical terrain POV but is fit enough to pedal reasonable distances.

Anyone suggest any bike hire places and decent trails?

Thanks!

ivantate
    Free Member

Not ridden that area but when I lived in Italy we staying around Torbole a lot.   Tons of tracks out that way.

Just south of torbole on on the east side there is a giant cable car so you can get to the top of Mt Altissimo and ride down.

Bit it hazy as it was a few years ago, but would go back there any time, fabulous area.

Mattbike

Ive been going to salo for a few years with the family.  Most of the bike hire, guides and popular trails are up north malcesine Riva torbole. Gondola up monte baldo in malcesine. Can get an early fast boat up there but check the timetables for getting back down the lake. When I looked at it there isn’t much time to go explore and get back.  I’ve stuck to the good  network of trails just north of salo. Lots of good riding. Grab a map for the area and go explore. Not sure about bike hire in the area. There are a few bike shops in Salo and Roe. Not sure about manerba. Try DB bikes in Salo may be able to help.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I stayed in Manerba for a few days last year. I found one or two good routes on Strava and there was one very good mtb route that was signposted from a bike lane in Roè.

Mattbike

Was that the Pompegnino Vertical trail? I rode that last year, hiker biked up to the church and rode back down. The decent down was good.

bubs

I have had many excellent trips with Michaelcycle from these parts (occasionally).  He guides, can sort hire bikes and uplifts and can show you the “good stuff”.  Mainly out of Torbole.  We used Luca bike shuttle a lot (they take you to the start of more well known trails such as 601, coast, naranch, altissimo and diaol).  The riding is amazing as is the limoncello.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Went a few years ago and camped at Torbole. We used a combo of Tourist Info and  http://gardamtb.com/index_eng.php website.

There’s a number of good short trails on a hill above Torbole if you can get a lift up the road. Otherwise the riding is good but I found the stuff we chose got a bit samey ie massive climb followed by massive descent (some descents were brill in places but too much was on concrete or easy track)

I think for the really good stuff you’d probably have to go with a guided party

RoterStern
    Free Member

<i>Was that the Pompegnino Vertical trail? I rode that last year, hiker biked up to the church and rode back down. The decent down was good.</i>

Yup. That’s the one.

murf
    Free Member

Brilliant, I’ll have a Google through all the things suggested.

Thanks chaps 😀

ivantate
    Free Member

Trail 601 was amazing.

This thread is reminding me what I am missing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lake Garda MTB routes.’ is closed to new replies.