Home Forums Bike Forum Lake and Peak District routes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lake and Peak District routes
  • kevn
    Free Member

Looking at doing some routes in both areas and looking for some suggestions.

I mainly ride trail centres and looking for a change.

Im reasonably fit and comfortable riding rocky descents but not to good with drop offs.

any suggestions to get me started would be appreciated

cheers

kev

Pook

The iron Keld loop in the vg book was ace for the lakes unless you want to get up a big hill of course!

Peak District – Jacob’s loop or ladybower classic

jekkyl

christ there’s a question and too far reaching to answer properly. Narrow it down a bit!

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

In the Peaks the two classics as mentioned above – Jacobs Ladder loop (also called Kinder all weather circuit I believe) and the Ladybower loop (mbr best of ladybower I think).

joat

There are tough routes in both parks. But don’t worry too much about drop-offs, these are well used public rights of way remember. You won’t find heaps of redsocks (I’m an occasional one) at the bottom of blind outcrops. If you’re comfortable buzzing your arse on your rear tyre, there’s not much you won’t be able to tackle.

monksie
    Free Member

“Narrow it down a bit!”

He would like some suggestions of routes in the Lake District or Peak District that avoid drop offs but can include rocky sections.

“there’s a question and too far reaching to answer properly”

It really isn’t. As evidenced above.

Your welcome……..

jekkyl

You not had your happy pills tonight monkey? (when do you ever?!)

I meant the location. The Peak District stretches from Ashbourne to Marsden, the lake District stretches from Grange to Bassenthwaite (& a bit beyond) so I was asking if he could ‘narrow it down a bit,’ and if we’re being pedantic…. you’re welcome.

kevn
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions

i should have clarified that I was looking for routes which would be good introductions to riding trails outside of trail centres. Sorry for the vagueness.

Ill check out all the suggestions

cheers

grannyjone
    Free Member

Edale to Romiley (one-way) is a good one

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lake and Peak District routes’ is closed to new replies.