Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Labour will win the election!
  • globalti
    Free Member

…..because Diane Abbott is going to count the votes.

Drac

Welcome to last week.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ed Balls.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Free owls.

Trimix
    Free Member

To win an election you need someone the voters can imagine as a leader.

Its quite simple really.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chicken in a Basket, with processed peas, red check napkin, wooden takeaway fork.

kerley
    Free Member

To win an election you need someone the voters can imagine as a leader.

Its quite simple really.

Yes, always surprises me how the parties don’t seem to realise it. The policies should come second place to finding the most likeable, tv and media friendly person they can. If you asked the average voter which 10 policies they liked most about the party they are voting for they would probably start to struggle after mentioning 2.

slowoldman

I used to like chicken in a basket. It was the height of sophistication in the Sidesaddle club.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

pfffffttt they are not extreme enough for your average working class voter. No clamp downs, zero tolerance, bombing flat, sorting the nonces out and booting scroungers in the face day.

Had a discussion with a man who said “Corbyn was a dangerous liberal who will invite anyone in. The Muslims/child rapists need deporting and worse! Jewish banking families hegemony (apparently they were turfed out of several countries for the same shit) need sorting out” NOT MY WORDS but some on here were surprised when I mentioned bringing back national service and hanging is top of some of the loonies agendas in this tolerant land of plenty.

They be frightened of the bogeyman! How did this happen and who is responsible?

mt
    Free Member

Mmm, chicken in a basket with pint of dark mild. I miss the seventies.

cranberry
    Free Member

I miss the seventies

3 day weeks, power cuts, shouts of scab! and white dog poo – you can have them all back with a vote for Jezza.

Bear
    Free Member

Yes, always surprises me how the parties don’t seem to realise it. The policies should come second place to finding the most likeable, tv and media friendly person they can. If you asked the average voter which 10 policies they liked most about the party they are voting for they would probably start to struggle after mentioning 2.

Therein lies the problem with politics, it has become more about personality and less about policy.

ulysse
    Free Member

You lot are absolutely shitting it, aintchya?
    Conservative have lied cheated flogged off the family silver and done so much damage to the fabric of this country at every single level, and you’re coming to the realisation that the great unwashed are starting to wake up to the fact.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Therein lies the problem with politics, it has become more about personality and less about policy.

Therein lies the problem with Labour.

They have a baffled old man making promises that, if elected, they have not got the first idea how to pay for them.

Actually, that’s not quite true. They have one idea, which they are spending over and over again hoping no-one will notice.

mattbee

Well thank god the Tory party have made such a fine show of things, we’d be screwed otherwise!

Lifer
    Free Member

ScottChegg – Member

Actually, that’s not quite true. They have one idea, which they are spending over and over again hoping no-one will notice.

Their manifesto is fully costed according the the IFS. But don’t let that stop you.

Superficial
    Free Member

I assumed the topic title was a deliberate troll, it seems like such a far-fetched idea.

Mind you, Trump.

What a disaster.

cranberry
    Free Member

mt
    Free Member

My dog already does white poos due to the raw food diet, so I’m part way there (middle class dog). Just got to get Corbyn and McDonnell in and it’s complete. Life’s not been as much fun without the threats from shop steward, reckon some of you youngsters will settle right in to be told your on strike. I’m already getting me oil drum ready and collecting pallets, have tuned up the Commer(it’s a van youth) so I can get to them factory gates anywhere that there is brothers needing help.

kjcc25
    Free Member

If Labour had put forward some realistic policies and the promise of another referendum I might have considered voting for them, however I remember the 70’s so they have definitely lost my vote.

kerley
    Free Member

Therein lies the problem with politics, it has become more about personality and less about policy

Yes, that is not good but the wise party would take advantage of it…

kerley
    Free Member

however I remember the 70’s so they have definitely lost my vote.

The 70’s were great. Nation at it’s happiest and equality at it’s fairest.

kimbers

Meanwhile the Tories can take us back to the 50s, 40s?
    education for the rich- grammar schools, no NHS, immigrants knowing their place, doffing you caps to the lord of the manor as he galavants past on the fox hunt

a glorious brexit britain for Little Englanders

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

by offering free hugs! Funny how the Labour manifesto has been leaked. Those pesky hackers again. Must be the special relationship the UK have with the US and Russia 🙂

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Well thank god the Tory party have made such a fine show of things, we’d be screwed otherwise!

Tell me about it, over the last two terms, the Conservatives have messed this country up good and proper just on the whole Brexit issue alone.

Cameron decides to randomly announce an EU stay/leave referendum, without really needing to for the good of the country, but rather to try and benefit the Conservatives (because they were leaking votes to UKIP).

Then in their great wisdom, after calling the referendum, don’t plan for both possible outcomes.

Then on the day of the shock result, Cameron retracts his commitment to stay at the PM helm, regardless of the result.

Some say May is now antagonising the Brexit negotiations with her war of words with the EU.

And then at a time the country could probably have done with the Conservatives sticking around to do the Brexit negotiations, May calls a General Election ~2 years earlier than needed, causing more instability for the country!

The Conservative approach to all this has all been about self preservation IMO, they don’t really give two hoots about what happens to the country, I really hope this GE backfires and people around the country vote tactically for what has historically been the Tories strongest challenger in their constituency.

For me, that is Labour, Royston Smith is the only non-Labour MP in the last twenty years.
    http://www.whoshallivotefor.com/constituencies/s/southampton-itchen

lunge

I’m really struggling this election.

I’ve voted for all 3 major parties over the years and are really unsure as to who to go for next. I don’t like a lot of what The Tories are up to, it just doesn’t sit well with me at all, the Brexit shenanigans are not good and the fox hunting statement really should be the final straw.

So then I look at Labour…and shake my head. Some policies are better but they too have some just plain stupid ideas. Plus they seem hugely divided and generally incompetent. And that’s before you look at your boy Corbyn…and Abbott… Now if Keir Starmer was in charge for instance I could be persuaded but he’s not so…

Lib Dems? Tim Farron. Right, OK. Policies look OK, not perfect but better. But realistically, they won’t get in will they? And they’ll likely not get anywhere close. And Tim Farron. So that’s that idea out of the window.

UKIP? I’d rather stick hot pokers into my eyes. Greens? No, sorry.

So really, what the hell is a liberal leaning, traditionally centre right but increasingly going left person to do? I miss the days when I couldn’t decide for good reasons and not bad.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Their manifesto is fully costed according the the IFS.

Would this be the same IFS that said that Labour’s plans would help schools, but damage the economy? It just might…

codybrennan
    Free Member

Would this be the same IFS that said that Labour’s plans would help schools, but damage the economy? It just might…

Well, to be fair, they said it might, not that it would.

I’m not averse to a rise in corp tax hypothecated to education- after all its employers and potential employers who are telling us that school leavers aren’t fit for the world of work- this would help correct this, no?

ulysse
    Free Member

cranberry – Member

Funnily enough, one of the names that sprung to mind I typed that out…. 😉

cranberry
    Free Member

Funny how the Labour manifesto has been leaked. Those pesky hackers again.

I think you’ll find it is the responsibility of the enemy within – Red tory, neoliberal, so-called-Blairite, running dog scum.

Lifer
    Free Member

lunge – Member

So then I look at Labour…and shake my head. Some policies are better but they too have some just plain stupid ideas.

Such as?

globalti
    Free Member

Blimey – I only posted that as a stupid joke about Diane Abbott.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’m not averse to a rise in corp tax hypothecated to education- after all its employers and potential employers who are telling us that school leavers aren’t fit for the world of work- this would help correct this, no?

A bit no.

The trouble with all this chuff is that it is all hypothetical.

They are promising to raise twelvety billion pounds by taking it from corps and rich people (not people like us, so that’s ok). This will pay for pay rises for everyone in a popular job, like nurses. Every likes nurses, don’t they? And schools. They can have more. And a million new Plod, coz Diane has promised.

But when in the big chair all new PM’s find that half the things they want to do, they can’t. The other half they don’t really want to do.

The practical upshot of all this is this will be an easy win for May, followed by a reset of the Labour party.

Probably followed by the rise of that oily snake Keir Starmer as the new golden boy of the Nu Left.

We really are doomed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lib Dems? Tim Farron. Right, OK. Policies look OK, not perfect but better. But realistically, they won’t get in will they? And they’ll likely not get anywhere close. And Tim Farron. So that’s that idea out of the window.

I know this isn’t a thread on LibDems, but the only thing that I dislike about Tim is his stance on the Gay community.
    Which is kinda odd..being liberal.

epicsteve
    Free Member

It looks to me like the Labour manifesto is designed to claw back some of their lost core support but with the realisation that the election is lost so it doesn’t have to be implementable.

traildog
    Free Member

The trouble with all this chuff is that it is all hypothetical.

That’s true of any election, or even any government in charge as they cannot predict exactly what’s going to happen.

You seem more opposed with the idea of democracy than an actual parties policies.

With the constant cutting back this country has had over the years, a party (whatever party) offering to increase spending is hardly a radical move.

kimbers

globalti – Member
    Blimey – I only posted that as a stupid joke about Diane Abbott.

it was a poor joke at that!

now we have another politics thread!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Labour will win the election!’ is closed to new replies.