Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The best 2/3 day 'adventure' bike ride in the UK?
  • thwapy
    Free Member

A couple of mate and I are looking for a really good 2 or 3 day ride in the UK – adventure, gravel, off road. Nothing too daft hard just something where we can get together, ride, have a laugh and drink whisky… Suggestions? Thanks 😀

scotroutes

Roughly where in the UK?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Southdowns Way
    Ridgeway

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

like Colin said. Any ideas where, how far from home/travelling etc? The Uk’s bigger than you think for riding.

coconut
    Free Member

Sustrans route 7 – Glasgow to Inverness. Brilliant 3 day ride through the highlands, few distilleries on route. Did it with 3 friends a few years back and best ride I did in UK. Mainly country roads and gravel cycle paths.

burko73

have a look on bike packing.com theres the trans Cambrian in Wales and the Devon coast to coast both look nice if you’re in the south.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

There’s 5 already!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just do what @postierich suggests 🙂 His route for the 2 day bikepacking JennRide would take me 5 days witha rest day in the middle !

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/southlakes100-jennride-2017-date-sorted-so-if-you-fancy-a-great-ride-and-a

thwapy
    Free Member

Good point about where! I’m in Yorkshire but Lakes, south Scotland, wales…. thanks for ideas so far

martinhutch

The South Lakes 100 would be perfect for you. Passes a pub roughly every five minutes. 🙂

Pennine Bridleway would be good too.

tjagain

I have a variety of estate road routes in the highlands I have used – having given up on riding singletrack with camping kit.

Want to go into the highlands I’ll outline some of the routes for you

whitestone
    Free Member

Have a look on selfsupported.net, there’s some decent routes on there from 100 miles upwards so you can take your pick.

I did the Trans Cambrian ITT about a month ago: took just under a day with a bivy. It was originally created as a three day trip. It does feel quite remote – apart from Rhayader I saw just six people, mostly farmers, in the 24 hours I was out. More locally to you might be the YD300 and the Pennine Bridleway which is about 180 miles.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Adventure? Knoydart with a bit of careful planning. Cars, boats, trains, challenge, epic scenery and trails, Properly out there.

Skye and Raasay combined likewise. Parts of Sutherland and the ‘Gorms as above. Rannoch, Glencoe with train assist.

Depends on your idea of adventure and how much you want to put yourself out to organise

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The best 2/3 day 'adventure' bike ride in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.