Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • La Palma Volcano
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Getting a bit lively.

simondbarnes

Yeah, spotted that earlier. Had stopped spewing lava this morning but clearly got more to give.

jamiemcf

The whole thing is tinged with a bit of sadness for me. I proposed there to my wife 10 years ago today. We didn’t spend much time at the south end. Isla Bonita.

retrorick

I’m watching the live feeds. Interesting stuff.

el_boufador

I rode some awesome trails right near /around the eruption site back in 2016. Some probably destroyed forever now. Pales into insignificance compared to loss of homes though.
    Probably the favourite canary Island I’ve visited, so yeah it is a bit sad for me.

martinhutch

As long as it doesn’t trigger the megatsunami slide, that would be a nuisance…

alpin
    Free Member

As long as it doesn’t trigger the megatsunami slide, that would be a nuisance…

Exciting, mind.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

As long as it doesn’t trigger the megatsunami slide.

We went a few years ago. The Volcan de San Antonio visitoe centre was very interesting & the tsunami was very much mentioned. It is however a worst case scenario.
    IIR the threat of the side of the island slipping into the sea won’t be caused by an eruption as such but by water in the rock strata being superheated very quickly & expanding, therefore potentially cracking the whole side of the island.
    Can’t remember the figures but something like 500 cubic Km of solid mass could slide into the sea, providing surfers on the US Eastern seaboard with the chance of a lifetime opportunity.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘La Palma Volcano’ is closed to new replies.