• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • KS Lev won’t stay up – Home fixes?
  • DanW
    Free Member

Hi all,

I have a few years old KS Lev Ci which was serviced a few months ago by Jungle.

Recently it has been a bit stuck in the extended position when it hasn’t been used for a while but it moves freely after the first drop to get it going again. I didn’t see that as too much of an issue just a bit annoying.

I went for a short ride where everything was fine during and washed my bike but now I am left with a suspension seatpost 🙂 It kind of locks in different positions but there are several centimeters sag with load on. The return is also really violent now.

A bit of a Google points to cable tension maybe but I have taken it off the bike and removed the cable and I can still get the seatpost to squish down. Am I right in thinking that the seatpost shouldn’t compress at all with no cable on?

After that my best guess is return for another service as something inside isn’t right inside but I wanted to check with the hive mind if there is anything simple I may be missing?

Thanks!

weeksy

Am I right in thinking that the seatpost shouldn’t compress at all with no cable on?

That seems perfectly reasonable to me as an assumption.

DanW
    Free Member

The cable should release the post and without it you would assume no movement should be allowed but good to have a bit of a sanity check 🙂 In the absence of any other thoughts or info I’ll drop Jungle a line

coatesy
    Free Member

You can unscrew the base of the unit to reveal a pushrod that operates the valve, it may be sticking in it’s guide and just need a clean & regrease.

DanW
    Free Member

Jungle were super helpful and will repair under the warranty that came with the last service. Thumbs up 🙂

junglemassiv
    Free Member

Hi Dan – you checked the air pressure? Schraeder valve under the post head. Should be around 200psi

DanW
    Free Member

Would low pressure make it both sage under load and very fast/ violent to return to full extension? I’ll have to get it unboxed to check!

DanW
    Free Member

*sag

DanW
    Free Member

It was a bit under 200psi but putting a bit more air in hasn’t changed anything. Back in the box and off to Jungle

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev won’t stay up – Home fixes?’ is closed to new replies.