Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • KS Lev saddle tilt moving
  • thesquaredog
    Free Member

Fitted my new KS Lev and took for a test ride yesterday. Fitted the saddle quite far back in the clamp (i.e so the saddle if further away from the bars) just like it was on the Thomson seatpost that it replaced. The saddle clamp bolts were greased and torqued to about 7.5Nm. The maximum torque is 10Nm but 7.5Nm felt quite tight so didn’t want to go too far with it.

During the ride I noticed that the saddle angle was changing with the nose pointing more upwards and when I got home and checked, the nose had moved up by about 10 degrees! The saddle rails had not moved in relation to the clamp though.

Loosened the bolts off again and pushed the saddle forward so that the rails were more or less central in the clamp and this time torqued the bolts up to the max recommended 10Nm. (Actually got the bolt at the front up to 10Nm but could not get the one at the back up to 10Nm without pulling the tail of the saddle too far down. The back one ended up about 8Nm).

Took the bike out for a spin around the block, jumped off a few kerbs and bounced up and down on the saddle five or six times (without dropping the post). Check it and again the nose of the saddle had moved upwards 😕 Checked the bolts and I could put about another quarter of a turn on the front bolt before hitting 10Nm on the torque wrench. Took it out for another spin, same again 🙁

Anyone had any similar problems? Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Many Thanks

jairaj

possibly the grease on the threads is causing the bolts to loosen off?

Also are you tightening each bolt a little a time? ie not tightening one loads then the other.

wwaswas

I ended up putting threadlock on the saddle rail bolts on mine and it seems to have been fine since.

Northwind

The bolts on the 2-bolt heads should be threadlocked IMO but weren’t on mine.

thesquaredog
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses. Yes I did tighten each bolt a bit at a time. I will put some loctite on them tonight and will post back with the results.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev saddle tilt moving’ is closed to new replies.