• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Hip.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Kona A
  • simon1975

So who's got one? Someone posted a comment on Flickr that there are only 3 A's in the UK, but I'm guessing that there might be a few more out there 😉

I loved the first ride on mine this week (yes it's the damaged one that was FS on here recently):

singlespeedstu

I had one.

Sold it to someone on here.

Who then sold it to someone else on here. 😀

singletrackjenn
    Free Member

See? Told you so 😉

sl2000

I had one.

The BB shell split 🙁

Rex
    Free Member

i bought one of someone on here, then sold it to someone else on here.

maybe there's only 1. has anybody ever seen 2 'A's in a room together 😉

nice pic btw

simon1975

Cheers yeah I know mine's been around the block a bit 😀

If anyone's got one we'll have to meet up for some photos…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

whats broken about it?

simon1975

Damage cunningly hidden on Kate's photo in the OP

doughnuthead
    Free Member

i've got 2 in the cellar 😉

JoB
    Free Member

i had one that's probably on its 16th owner right now, if it's got a dent in the downtube from dropping it onto a style, that's my old one.

i know of another smaller one that's done the rounds a bit as well.

simon1975

I don't believe you dh.

You didn't own mine then JoB – unless it's a dent too small for me to spot 😉

JoB
    Free Member

no simon, i got mine new out the box, then ruined it

mamadirt
    Free Member

i know of another smaller one that's done the rounds a bit as well.

Might have been mine. Built an older one (16" I think, with a Vanilla RL shock and without disc mounts) off ebay for my son a couple of years ago, then sold it on. No pics though sadly. It was on the classifieds a few months ago – can't remember who was selling it but I remembered the shock as it was being sold separately (I'd noticed where I'd touched up the paint on the spring).

Hairychested
    Free Member

I sold mine on ebay for stupid money – over £300 frame only 🙂
    The bloke said it was the only one in UK in 17.5" and offered cash. I took it and a couple of hours later another one in the same size with decent bits was FS here for less then that.
    I reckon there are a fair fer of them in UK.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ah, that's the one – Hairychested's. Think I bought it for around £120 and sold it for £175. Did it still have a Cane Creek chrome Tank headset?

psychle
    Free Member

Nice bike 🙂 Glad you like it and that it's found a good home…

I bought this off Shinythings back in April… actually, thinking back, I swapped an Inbred + £80 for it… pity I never got it built up before my neighbours tried to kill it 🙄

nice pic btw, though there's a wierd illusion going on on the left side, looks like your fork is missing a section (the crown, just below the headset you can see leaves there instead of it? weird 😆 )

Hairychested
    Free Member

Yep, it did. I loved it to pieces but the money got tight, sadly.

john_l
    Free Member

The little one was Jenn's, then mine, then Sharon's & then I lost track. What a tart ;0)

Hip
    Free Member

I have one too. It's an 2005, I think, in silver/blue. Bought it off ebay around a year ago. Great fun to ride. Currently awaiting a shock service as it's gone a bit graunchy, (Is that a word?) when I can afford it… 🙁

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Kona A’ is closed to new replies.