Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Komoot Regions
  • scott-b
    Free Member

Hi all, bit of a numpty question here. I’m looking at planning some routes for a trip to France next year. I have komoot on my phone and got one region free when I downloaded the app. I notice I can download extra regions at a cost or the full world for £29.99. The question is, if I am using my wahoo do I need to purchase these extra regions or do I simply plan a route on the iPad, send to my phone and it should work without issue? Is the extra regions purely for the phone version ie offline?
    Thanks

kynasf
    Free Member

Pretty sure for navigation you will need to pay for the additional regions. I downloaded the app on my phone and got a prompt from the Apple store to unlock world mapping for £19.99. I didn’t think that was bad value

mrwhyte
    Free Member

As far as I am aware, you pay to unlock so you can use it offline in order save battery when navigating.

Clink

Another numptey question – I tried to plan a route yesterday using OS GRs – it didn’t seem to accept them – is this right?

roverpig

I think you can plan a route in komoot and follow it on your phone without having to pay for the region. I say think as I purchased the world fairly soon after I started using komoot.

You can’t download the map to your phone, so you’ll need a signal and data to be able to see where you are and you can’t export the route, so can’t use it outside the komoot app on your phone. But I think it works.

dudeofdoom

I purchased the world

I feel a song coming on 🙂

scott-b
    Free Member

@Roverpig that’s what I was hoping, albeit using my wahoo bolt rather than my phone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Komoot Regions’ is closed to new replies.