Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Knee freindly running shoes?
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

could someone recommend me some please? I had a knee reconstruction a few years back and now the puppy is old enough I’ve started back running with him. Only 10km at the moment but I’m really enjoying it. Problem is I’m getting inner knee pain and lower back pain during the last few km.

I deliberately run mostly off road near haydock racecourse because of the softer ground, and now it’s getting sloppy and I’m getting the knee pain I’m thinking of investing in some trail running shoes.

any tips or recommendations? Cheers as always.

Pieface

The knee pain is most likely a muscle imbalance issue. A good core stability strengthening regime may go some way to address this through stretching and exercise, however a good sports physio would be best to advise.

As you’re mostly running off-road and its slippy, any gait analysis (if you believe in it anyway) goes straight out the window.

Get to a decent running shoe and get some shoes that fit well (are comfy) and thats the main thing. If its getting muddy you can’t go wrong with Inov-8 Mudclaws (go for the 300s) although watch out for their wide / narrow fits (or whatever they call them now) as sometimes only certain models are available in them.

Other makes / models exist but these are a go to winter / all-round shoe for 1000s of runners.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

I tend to buy the cheapest decent brand I can find that fits both my foot and wallet.  I’ve done a few hundred miles on some Salomon trail shoes from Sports Direct.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Every chance you’re getting knee pain because of the sloppy ground, lots of theories about running on soft ground/mud/sand that the foot is landing on a surface that is not very consistent. Try running on tarmac and see if it’s any better?.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Knee freindly running shoes?’ is closed to new replies.