Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Knee and elbow pads for the more powerful athlete
  • MSP

Is there a “fat lad at the back” equivalent that makes protection?

(or if somebody knows the people at FLAB, ask them to do some)

wergsy

I have just purchased these Leatt knee/shin and elbow/arm guards in XXL, fit really well and a good price at the moment. Same boat as you as needed something more of a generous fit…

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/leatt-knee-shin-guard-3df-hybrid-ext/rp-prod174166

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/leatt-elbow-guard-3df-6-0/rp-prod174134

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

I have some leatt elbow pads, in xl i think which fit quite well, however my issues lie in knee pads for the bigger calf. (I have unusually large calves in relation to my thighs)

Only ones ive managed to get that fit both thigh and calf are Dainese pads. everything else cuts off the circulation to my legs or is too big at the thigh and falls down.

MSP

I have tried leatt, they are too small.

I spent a few months a couple of years back trying virtually all of them, and ended up sending them back because they didn’t fit. I am looking for someone like FLAB who do protection.

ads678

I’ve got massive thighs, calfs and pretty big guns (check me out….) G-Form works for me though. I had some Bliss elbow pads but they were too small in XL. Still have some Race Face dig knee pads and XL in those were good as well, no idea about new version sizing though.

Fat-boy-fat

Race Face for me too. Ambush D3O for both knees and elbows. The elbows are bit tight over my “guns” 😉

lardman
    Free Member

Raceface flank d30 knee-shins in Xl work for me. My calves/legs are rather huge.

Just bought some bliss elbows in the PSA thread on here, although tight still are ok. Let’s hope they stretch like every other elbow pad I’ve owned.

MoreCashThanDash

(or if somebody knows the people at FLAB, ask them to do some)

I can ask Richard and Lynn, but don’t hold your breath…..

P-Jay
    Free Member

I have tried leatt, they are too small.

I have to say, due to my freakishly big calves (51cm at their peak) I’ve always struggled for knee pads, especially since they all seems to shift to a pull-up style rather than a wrap-around style.

Leatt are the biggest I could find.

I use these, they will handle a 58cm thigh (just about the knee) and a 52cm calf.

In years of looking, I’ve never found bigger.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/leatt-knee-guard-3df-6-0/rp-prod167435?gs=1&sku=sku622034&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=base&gclid=CjwKCAjwgviIBhBkEiwA10D2j5updSY3oCWNFP-s-et2pzMu3Zamewc_oLZIYk7tr24q78Qz6o8UGRoCDUMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

joebristol

Probably discount ion k-pacts then if calves are big – I found the calf ratio to thigh ratio on them was wrong for me. To get the calves big enough they ended up baggy on the thigh.

I’m not huge in weight but have reasonable size legs – I found Fox Launch and Scott Grenade Evo have a good upper / lower ratio. I think I’m in a medium on Fox and Large on the Scott – so I’d imagine the Fox ones go bigger overall.

chakaping
    Free Member

Most brands come up quite small don’t they? I’m a 33in waist and often take L or XL kneepads.

One brand I found came up bigger was Dakine, I have some Slayer XL knees that came up way too big for me here.

Maybe have a look at the size chart and drop me a line if you think they might fit?

I haven’t heard of a FLAB equivalent, but you’d think the US brands would have it covered, eh?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Knee and elbow pads for the more powerful athlete’ is closed to new replies.