Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Klunkerz” named Cycling Film of the Year
  • RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

The Endurance Sports Awards were held last weekend at Sea World in San Diego, California. For the first time in the history of the awards there was an associated film festival, and Billy Savage’s documentary ”Klunkerz” on the early days of mountain biking was voted Cycling Film of the Year.

One attendee to the film spent more than eight hours traveling by bus and bike to see it. Here is his impression.

Orwell was a f#$king optimist.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I dont mean to lower the tone, but does that sign really say “Penis Bar”??

RepackRider
    Free Member

Peri’s

MrSparkle

No, I’m pretty sure it says ‘Penis bar’ too.

RepackRider
    Free Member

Whatever. I drink there, you don’t.

sc-xc

Grow up you lot. Peri’s is a great place.

Nothing better than kicking back with a cold beer and an ice cream. I usually go for one of these….

juan
    Free Member

Wasn’t MTB a french invention anyway?

samuri
    Free Member

Riding bikes offroad was invented a long, long time before the californian guys were ever born. Mass producing something that’s been around for donkey’s years doesn’t mean you invented it.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Yeeeeeus, well deserved, a great film.

Repack Rider, do you have a pic of a bunch of guys on bike at the turn of the century around the Muir Woods. Their bikes were like Penny Farthings, They wore tweed plus fours and foppish caps.

Chevin
    Free Member
    darrell
    Free Member

bought the dvd a little time ago. very entertaining dvd and some great history.

jimmy

Saw the screening in Edinburgh with that mad woman in the film there in person touting feminism and love. Would loved to have been there back in the day.

miketually
    Free Member

Saw the screening in Edinburgh with that mad woman in the film there in person touting feminism and love.

Not seen the film, but that’s got to be Jacqui Phelan 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Her bark is worse than her bite. Shes a pussycat.

miketually
    Free Member

Her bark is worse than her bite. Shes a pussycat.

Never met her, but love her blogs.

MrAgreeable

Riding bikes offroad was invented a long, long time before the californian guys were ever born. Mass producing something that’s been around for donkey’s years doesn’t mean you invented it.

True enough, but what we currently know as “mountain biking” didn’t start when someone bodged a fat tyre into their cyclocross frame.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Miketuall, were you there for the Q&A

Classic comedy moment. Q1. How did you get into the sport? She said there was an opening for women to compete in the Olympics, but there was too much to do other than train…..eg coaches to ****.

Q2 from a 10 year old boy in the front row. Have you ever been to Glentress?

miketually
    Free Member

Miketuall, were you there for the Q&A

Sounds great, but I wasn’t there unfortunately.

noteeth
    Free Member

Great film.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Here are a whole scrapbook of retro Bay City Wheelmen

http://www.blackbirdsf.org/bcw/bcw_scrap.html

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Klunkerz” named Cycling Film of the Year’ is closed to new replies.