• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by spw3.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Kitchen Stereo – Ipod & DAB
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

We currently have a Klipsche ipod dock that is brilliant, compact with brilliant sound quality but really miss having a radio in the Kitchen.

Looking for a decent ipod dock with a DAB radio budget is currently about £170 currently looking at a mini hifi such as the Sony CMT-MX550i

Any other decent sounding compact option out their that I might not have seen. I have listened to the Sony and it seemed pretty good.

Has to be DAB as the FM radio reception is pretty poor where we live, DAB seems fine.

Jamie
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

I liked my intempo thingy, £30 sh off of ebay, now for sale and everything! Since I went Logitech and wifi.

bbAardvark
    Free Member

I’ve got a Roberts Sound 66 – sound is very good, no problems with reception – £122 from Amazon Linky

grievoustim
    Free Member

Why not keep your current dock if you like it- and get an iPod touch. Then you can use a radio app over wifi. That’s what I do

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Pure Chronos iDock, sound quality is average but it’s OK for the kitchen and cheap.

The Pure Contour 100Di looks nice though and has more power!

aleigh
    Free Member

i use a radio app on my ipod which is plugged into my docking station everyday

RichPenny
    Free Member

Roberts

Or the idea above is pretty good. Internet radio offers much more choice than DAB.

grantway
    Free Member

I have the Pure Oasis in the Kitchen and my Daughter plays
    her I pod through the headphone socket of the I pod that
    plugs into the Aux in on the Pure Oasis.

Brilliant and flexible Radio for a One speaker radio.

curvature
    Free Member

I use a Yamaha DAB Mini unit with a set of Monitor Audio speakers in our kitchen but that will put your budget up to around £300

Hareydan
    Free Member

Slight thread hijack, but what’s the iPod app that gets dab radio? I have a touch and went to the app store but couldn’t find anything obvious? Cheers

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    I liked my intempo thingy,

We got one of those (reconditioned). I love it – but after googling why it seems to freeze every now and again I notice it seems to have a common problem with the power supply. On the plus side – cheap as chips and sound is great. I dont have great hopes for it’s longevity.

Jamie
    Free Member

Slight thread hijack, but what’s the iPod app that gets dab radio? I have a touch and went to the app store but couldn’t find anything obvious? Cheers

TuneIn.

Although technically it’s internet radio.

Hareydan
    Free Member

Cheers Jamie, downloading it now 🙂

tonyplym
    Free Member

Another vote here for Roberts – I’m listening to the bigger brother of the one suggested by bbAardvark – (link) – as I type this and its certainly one of my better purchases – and it can be had for about £175 if you shop around.

warton
    Free Member

Dock + tunein +1

No reception issues, no outlay on radio. Just make sure you have wifi, otherwise your data will be eaten up in no time.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Current dock won’t charge an iphone 4 so I presume it won’t charge an ipod touch either am I correct.

spw3

Sorry, as ever I came a bit late to this thread. I would strongly recommend listening to a Vita Audio unit. Radio, iPod dock on the more expensive ones, excellent sound and unlike some, not ugly. . Not cheap but I don’t regret it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Kitchen Stereo – Ipod & DAB’ is closed to new replies.