Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • kirroughtree, mabie, dalbeattie and drum. Whats the weather like?
  • radoggair
    Free Member

Looking for a good friday ride, what are these like. Will it turn into bad friday. So looking for no snow at best, not alot at worse

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Must be a ‘mare not getting out for a decent spin on that new moped of yours 🙂

scotroutes

I was asking about some trails down near Castle Douglas the other night and was told that there are still 4ft drifts in places…..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Weathers lovely, Greig, come on over!. Trails are a bit snowy though. 😯

radoggair
    Free Member

snowy bad, trails is good though. Dying for some decent weather to get the new bike bedded in. Thought it would of been the whinlatter challenge but got that wrong. Might be a day on the road bike instead 🙂

Trekster

Sounds like Ae or Drum is your best bet.
    Rode Ae yesterday. OK till you get to Nil Desperandum. My auld legs couldn’t pedal me through the drifts near the top. The forest road after that all the way to the Stane is also tough going. From the Stane it is hike’a bike all the way along Omega. Follow the wheel tracks up onto the road and follow them, not mine!! 🙄 Good fun sliding down the berms and trying to guess where the trail is…..
    Dalbeattie is a definite no-go, tried it today. See some pics on the mtg tree photo thread.
    Mate says Mabie is a push
    Sam at Kirry reckons riding would be tough going but is riding tomorrow and posting an update on FB 7Stanes page

radoggair
    Free Member

so basically stay away from the stanes for another 7 -10 days till it goes away !!!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

7-10 days Pmsl. More like years at this rate.

nonk
    Free Member

newcastleton is running fine if you can be arsed to head that way.

Trekster

Ae, top of Nil Desperandum;

The big heap of soil in the top right hand corner is probably the base of a wind turbine being prepared, diggers and trucks all over the place.

Dalbeattie, the Moyle. After hiking up through some drifts/tree dumps it was rideable. Cut short after this, heading into virgin snow 6in to 2ft deep was becoming a pain and was going to take all day to get round whole trail 🙄

Mates night ride photo from last night ❗

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘kirroughtree, mabie, dalbeattie and drum. Whats the weather like?’ is closed to new replies.