Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kielder Experts!! Bloody Bush Road Advice
  • mrmrhill
    Free Member

Hello, I’m aware that a lot of Kielder is closed due to storm damage but I can’t work out of the bridalway known as blood bush Road is passable. Has anyone been recently? Also if it is open is it suitable for a gravel bike. Thanks in advance

mikeyp

Hi. The dirty reiver route goes up the first bit in the trees so it will be clear. I’ve ridden to the border post on a gravel bike and turned round. It’s great.

gallowayboy

I rode through kielder heading north last Wednesday. Beforehand I met two other bike Packers who warned that it was “closed” but passable…..but on balance worth avoiding. I ended up at stannersburn, then took the north lake trail to keilder village and the Tyne trail north. Other more direct ways through from green bothy were taped off and signed closed. Good luck!

jonba
    Free Member

Can’t help you except to say the first bit is open as above.

Maybe ask the bike place. Either give them a call or post on facebook.

https://www.thebikeplace.co.uk/140-trail-guide/kielder-routes/35-bloody-bush

boxelder

I was through near there on Monday. The MTB route using boardwalks through to Bloody Bush was closed and blocked with a lot of wind blown trees. As an alternative, the Reivers Route (NCR10) up Kershope Burn and over Scotch Knowe is open, though diverted at Willow bog. The diversion takes you north towards Bloody Bush and around by the observatory, to arrive at Kielder campsite, instead of heading down to Lewisburn. Perfect for a gravel bike.

boxelder

Had an email update from forestry today – Bloody Bush trail and Lonesome Pine trail are still closed. They hope to clear it by summer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.