• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by daern.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Kids Riding Glasses
  • osteo1
    Free Member

Eldest child had a massive bail when she got mud in her eye (she shut her eyes?!!!) what are you guys clothing your kids precious vision apparatus in? Preferably not massively expensive and useful in the totally rubbish British light in winter(clear lenses?)

mashr

Kids MX goggles is the answer here. Struggled to find a set of clear kiddie glasses

nparker

Got these for my 10 year old at Christmas: BBB Impress Small Adult Cycling Glasses

£25 comes with 3 lenses.

warns74
    Free Member

Kids clear safety glasses, only a few quid.

MoreCashThanDash

Decathlon with ours I think

rossburton
    Free Member

My son was complaining that when going moderately fast in the cold his eyes stream so much he can’t see properly. I bought some Decathalon glasses and some 100% Strava goggles for him to try: he went for the goggles and at £18 from Amazon they’re quite a bargain.

He’s going to look all ENDURROOOOO but when we’re riding actually offroad he tends to wear the fullface anyway.

igm

Bolle Contour. Bit big for the 9 year old but OK

Mind you if their head’s a little small how about this at £3 (possibly plus delivery, haven’t checked)

https://www.absorbentminds.co.uk/children-s-safety-glasses.html

hooli

Kids safety glasses here too, we got some off amazon last winter that were marketed as “Nerf gun glasses”. I cant seem to find anything similar this morning but they do make them.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Got my lad (3 1/2) a pair of these Endura Rainbow glasses. https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Endura-Rainbow-Cycling-Glasses_45094.htm
    They’re superb. He’s got quite a large head so will be wearing them for a few years yet. For £9 from Tredz they’re a bargain.

mashr

Mind you if their head’s a little small how about this at £3 (possibly plus delivery, haven’t checked)

My main concern it that my own experience of riding with safety glasses has been terrible – wouldn’t want to inflict it on them!

hooli

My main concern it that my own experience of riding with safety glasses has been terrible – wouldn’t want to inflict it on them!

Whats wrong with safety specs? I’ve used Bole safety specs for about a decade, most of our group on our regular night rides do too.

mashr

Horrendous distortion for me. Its was a completely bizarre riding experience of everything seemingly very slightly out of time. Tried a couple of different ones that were STW Approved. Made other people have a go to make sure it wasn’t just me. Ended up back with trusty goggles and a pair of Oakleys that I’ve had for years now

steve_b77
    Free Member

Kids Racing do their own (prob rebadged) glasses with 3 lenses per set on both kids and youth sizes, they’re really good and fit small faces / heads well.

You can make them out here, he’s 7 and has the youth size ones, he’s got a fair sized head to be fair 🤣

daern
    Free Member

Another vote for the BBBs from Kids Racing linked above. My son’s had a couple of pairs of these and they’ve both lasted a very reasonable amount of time given the use/abuse they get in MTB and CX. We only changed the lenses twice a year – yellow for the winter, and tinted in the summer – and that’s it!

If you have deeper pockets, the “Oakley Radar EV Youth Prizm Trail” (phew!) are superb glasses and the lenses are versatile enough for use in both sun and woodland conditions. You can pick them up for less than £80-ish every now and then, but make sure you are looking at the youth fit ones as they are the narrower version.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Kids Riding Glasses’ is closed to new replies.