Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kids Ride Shotgun seat on an E-bike
  • zerocool

Has anyone had any successes or struggles fitting their KRS on to their evokes (specifically the Whyte E-150/160 as those are what we are hiring for a day and have no chance to try them out before hand)? The top tube looks narrow enough but wondered if the fatter down tubes caused any problems.

By the look of the Whyte bikes it seems that they are ‘normal’ enough shaped that I should be able to get away with it.

I know there’s a new design out now but I currently have 2 perfectly good ones already for the kids.

Ta

Tom KP

mashr

You’ll almost certainly have to splay them legs right out. Every time I’ve seen one on an ebike they’ve also needed a longer rod to go between the pegs as a result. The new version doesn’t have the same issues but would require faffing with headset spacers

zerocool

Cheers, I think I have some longer threaded bar that should fit. Thanks. As long as people have seen it done with the wider down tubes.

mashr

Definitely seen it being done. It should be pretty easy as the legs don’t take much to bend them. Oh, crap, just remembered that you need to budge the QR bit in the middle too.

I’m struggling to remember where I saw this stuff recently, will have a wee hunt though

zerocool

Cheers for the advice. I’ve cut a longer piece of threaded bar and I’m pretty sure the QR is long enough to compensate for the wider angle. I’m not too worried about the arms flexing/bending out as they’re pretty soft and flexible and should bend back.

Although if you do find out any more info/advice that would be great

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kids Ride Shotgun seat on an E-bike’ is closed to new replies.