Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kids on London Underground
  • ratherbeintobago

Quick one for the hive mind – to take kids <11 on the tube is it just a case of going through the barriers with the accompanying adult, or does something special need to be done? The TfL website isn’t exactly explicit – just says they travel free if accompanied.

Ta!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Kids on London Underground

Kim Wilde’s less succesful follow up single.

ElVino

Just go through the wide barriers with a paying adult – these are usually manned in central London. Keep them close to you though

Markie
    Free Member

Just head through the barrier.

You can go through the normal barriers with a child in front of you if you’re both quick, but Ms Markie thinks it hilarious to stop for a split second midway through to ensure I get stuck in the gates and they beep…

In light of this, I prefer to use the big gate they have, but equally have never had a staff member intervene when forcing my way through beeping gates behind a cackling child.

ratherbeintobago

Thanks all!

ElVino

Normal barriers hurt like hell if you get caught in or hit by them – voice of experience!

akira

We don’t head into London that often but got the boys Zip Oyster cards, means they can beep themselves in and out of tube and some trains.

timbog160

And stand on the right please….😂

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve always picked my daughter up and walked through the barrier with her in my arms.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kids on London Underground’ is closed to new replies.