Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kenda Small Block Eight
  • twohats
    Free Member

Are they as good as people say they are?
    (In drier conditions obviously)

jfeb
    Free Member

Better than I thought they would be. Surprisingly grippy in all but muddy conditions. I prefer Racing Ralphs on my 29er though so have an almost new set for sale if you are interested 😉

Despite that, they are good tyres IMO

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I used some last year, when the rain finally stopped, for general trial riding. I thought they were bloody fantastic, TBH. Very grippy and sure footed, and very smooth and fast
    They do, however, feel very different to normal MTB tyres. Almost like a motorbike tyre IMO, in that you can lean the bike right over very easily and the bike seemed to WANT to lean over…. It’s an odd feeling coming off knobblies and you might need some time to get used to it.
    Not that bad on wet bits, either, as long as it wasn’t deep clag they seemed to grip anything. I reckon that’s simply down to putting more rubber in contact with the floor!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I had some gigernormous 2.35″ ones. OK in a straight line, not as fast rolling as I’d hoped compared to narrower ‘summer’ tyres, a bit drifty when you got them on the sideknobs as you’d expect, main problem for me was the thin sidewalls meant they tended to roll over a fair bit, even on wide rims (DT 5.1s). I sold mine. I’m sure the narrower versions are better, but I’d get Larsens if buying new.

Daffy

Leathal in the wet, My bike switched ends so fast I had no idea what was going on until I was on the ground.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kenda Small Block Eight’ is closed to new replies.