Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • KaTec bearings – any good?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

So we know that the proprietor is a bit of a “unique” individual in terms of some of his ideas but how are the bearings?

jameso

Excellent ime – outlasted the Hope OE bearings many times over. ‘would buy again’
    (I fitted a new set a few 100 miles bed-in time before riding the Great Divide route, if that says anything about my faith in them from previous use.)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Great bearings and a good guy too.

PJ266
    Free Member

Yup no complaints so far here.

bruneep

Good bearings, Mad as tho…….

rickmeister

Good bearings, Kaesae is a really helpful guy trying to do a good job for bikers…

REcommended

It has been said on here ” Aye, he’s a nutter but he’s our nutter

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Good guy, good bearings if someone can find it on here world war 3 almost started with Him about bearings!!! Good read

atlaz
    Free Member

Any noticeable difference between the pro and xxx bearings?

patriotpro
    Free Member

12 months in and no problems, he’s a good guy, always willing to help out. Who gives a shit about his political views…

legend
    Free Member

he had political views? Being ‘attacked’ with a Parcelforce laser sticks in my mind way moar than politics.

On the bearing front, they’ve always worked for me

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve fitted a few sets of his suspension bearings, and if it’s a kit he’s not done before he gives me a small discount an I let him know if the bearings were correct. I’ve used his wheel bearings too.
    Always spot on, always helpful, I wouldn’t use anyone else now, I don’t even look elsewhere. 🙂

leeroybrown
    Free Member

Yes brilliant bearings, I’ve also bought some of the tools when he was selling them

bigjim

I’ve used his bearings on frames and wheels, they seem to last fine, haven’t noticed any longer life than ones without extra grease to be honest. I have had one hub bearing fail completely, frozen totally solid, it was an EZO which are a good brand, so I guess it’s just one of those things.

robhughes
    Free Member

All my pro 2’s are from Kael.As are all my frame bearings on my spicy and my trance X.
    You won’t get better bearings or service.Spot on bloke who goes out of his way to sort you out.
    Can’t recommend enough.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Top bloke, good bearings.

Drac

Great bearings as mentioned.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Nice bloke to deal with, bearings are fine and competitively priced for what you get (and knowing you will get the right ones, typically the day after you paid for them!)

pocketrocket
    Free Member

Had a set from him recently and 1 of the bearings felt very gritty once fitted.
    Emailed him and despite his theory that it was me that had ruined the bearing in fitting it, ( it wasn’t!) he sent out replacement bearings straight away.
    I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again.

mbl1
    Free Member

I think this guy deserves an award for his Phoenix from the flames type recovery. He was slaughtered by the collective a couple of years ago with some pretty harsh accusations made. Good on him.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think this guy deserves an award for his Phoenix from the flames type recovery. He was slaughtered by the collective a couple of years ago with some pretty harsh accusations made. Good on him.

To be fair, his bearings where never brought into question. It was more his fashion choices, such as his propensity for hats made out of thin aluminium, that caused him to butt heads with some on here.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I remember taking my heckler to the LBS when I had a wobbly swingarm back when I had no idea about bike maintenance. The guy took one look, said the bearings were shot and quoted me 50 quid to fix.

Thought that was a bit pricey, and explored the diy route. Exchanged a few mails with Kaesae who said he could replace them for a tenner, but was pretty adamant that it sounded like the swingarm just needed tightened up and there was nowt wrong with my bearings.

Anyhow, he was right and did himself out of a tenner, but I’ll certainly use him in future

scotroutes

To be fair, his bearings where never brought into question. It was more his fashion choices, such as his propensity for hats made out of thin aluminium, that caused him to butt heads with some on here.
    [/quote]Nah – he was being accused of stealing bikes/frames and selling them on eBay. FWIW, I can’t imagine anyone less likely to do this.

He has moved to Crieff now and seems to be enjoying himself immensely.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nah – he was being accused of stealing bikes/frames and selling them on eBay. FWIW, I can’t imagine anyone less likely to do this.

Oh. I must have missed that.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Are they special bearings or std with more grease?

LoCo
    Free Member

Had a set of standard SKF bearings from him and another set of his high end ones, could feel a very noticable difference between the two, the skf feeling like they had grit in them in comparsion.

bigjim

Nah – he was being accused of stealing bikes/frames and selling them on eBay. FWIW, I can’t imagine anyone less likely to do this.

Really? that’s terrible.

Are they special bearings or std with more grease?

They’re good bearings but packed with marine grease or the like basically, not looked at all the brands I’ve bought from him but EZO was one of them. The one that died on me was still full of clean grease after 1.5 years riding which was quite different from the original hope bearings.

atlaz
    Free Member

Does anyone have a current email for him? I sent him a message with no reply

sv

Nah – he was being accused of stealing bikes/frames and selling them on eBay. FWIW, I can’t imagine anyone less likely to do this

To be fair he was rude and insulting before that, wasnt only this forum where he subjected users to abuse.

Northwind

I’ve had a load off him and they’ve been great- only hiccup was a frame kit that was wrong, he’d missed a change between model years but that was fixed fast and he had replacements with me in a day. Very cool. He also did a mate a favour, he’s a young dh racer and without being prompted or making it a sponsorship thing or anything he gave him a chunky discount and sourced some harder to find bits for it- as far as I can tell just to be nice.

He does seem to be a zoomer but that’s OK by me.

tomaso
    Free Member

I always buy my frame bearings from him and they seem to last ok in the ever wet Lakes.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘KaTec bearings – any good?’ is closed to new replies.