Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kamloops CA riding advice
  • timmyr
    Free Member

Hi all,

Mate and I are off to Kamloops next month for 5 days of riding – lucky to be staying with a family member who lives there.

We are going to hire bikes there, taking all our own gear other than that.

Has anybody got recommendations on areas to ride when we arrive and possibly a good bike shop to rent from? We are both pretty experienced riders btw, my mate more so as he has competed in the mega avalanche!

Cheers,
    Tim

jedi

harper mtn is a good place to start. loads of massive hits in the loops

unsponsored
    Free Member

Stayed at Sun Peaks just outside of Kamloops a few years back. Has a bike park, chairlift etc. Worth checking out.

BigR

+1 for sun peaks. Can hire everything at the resort. Plenty of variety for a couple of days, just watch out for the bears 😯

markgraylish
    Free Member

The riding scene in Kamloops is actually mostly under-the-radar because a lot of trails are illegal (on private land) so you may not get much information from the bike shops

Some authorized trails are:
    Kenna Cartwright park (spiders web of short xc trails on the edge of town);

Kamloops Bike Ranch (big hits, jump park, limited xc) but excellent facility considering maintained by local council. There’s also a shuttle ($2 per uplift and well worth it). The KBR is in town;

Harper mountain trails are more freeride and you’ll want a shuttle vehicle and is quite a way out of town (actually, I’m not sure of the legality of these trails);

Sun Peaks bike park but may be shut by the time you arrive – google them. It’s not anywhere as big as Whistler but it’s lot quieter. It’s about 45 mins drive from town.

Dew Drop trail is well worth the effort (can be shuttled if you have two cars) but it’s perfectly doable on an xc bike. That’s out by the airport.

There’s also some xc stuff out on the Lac Du Bois area north of town.

Now, the goodies…

The info for legal stuff is just a google-away but when you drive along the highway, you’ll see lovely singletrack trails EVERYWHERE!

E-mail Ted Morton: ride@kamloopsmountainbiking.com and tell him I sent you. I used Ted as a guide/shuttle earlier this year and was blown away by his service and very reasonable pricing. He’s involved in the local race scene and also teaches mountain biking at some of the local schools and knows the local access issues

(Seriously, e-mail Ted!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kamloops CA riding advice’ is closed to new replies.