Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Just turned away a 'disabled war veteran'
  • Going round door to door selling stuff. He showed me what was supposed to be ID, but it was just a piece of card sellotaped over and in the half second I saw it, could have been anything.

I assume these guys are fake. For the record I have no feelings of remorse whatsoever.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I had a window cleaner knock on the door last night, told him I already have a window cleaner. He was fine with it.

Other stuff happened since then but I haven’t bothered sharing.

allthepies
    Free Member

Nottingham knockers 🙂

Usual MO is just been released from prison, trying to get life back on track guv.

nealglover
    Free Member

I saw a dog wearing a flat cap today.

sobriety
    Free Member

Nottingham knockers

I had one of those guys stroll into my garage in the 5 minutes I had the door up working on a motorbike.

I could well belive he’d just been released from prison, as he had the whole junkie vibe going on.

It also felt a lot like he was casing me. Funnily enough someone tried to force the garge door a few days later…

verses

Nottingham knockers

I went there on my stag do, but it was called Hooters back then…

johndoh
    Free Member

Was the dog wearing the flat cap or were you wearing one when you saw it?

franksinatra

Had the dog been to prison or fought in a warzone?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Kryton57

I had a window cleaner knock on the door last night, told him I already have a window cleaner. He was fine with it.

Other stuff happened since then but I haven’t bothered sharing.

lol.

hatter

Yeah, known scam, usually used for scoping for potential burglary targets, we had it a few months ago, they were selling stuff like laptop and tablet screen cleaning wipes etc.

So, if you buy them they know there’s laptop in the house etc.

Glad I didn’t have the garage door open when they were here.

Police non-emergency number with as good a description as you can give them.

nealglover
    Free Member

Was the dog wearing the flat cap or were you wearing one when you saw it?

Both.

We just looked at each other in a knowing way, nodded, said nothing, and passed each other by.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I had a bloke round last week, trying to flog me an aerial photo of our house. The cheek of it!
    I told him I have loads taken from my very own drone & he just said, ‘oh’ then went.
    I also had a man round asking if we wanted the tree out the front pruning, I told him my son was a tree surgeon & was coming to do it at some point. (been here 8 years & I’m still waiting, but then again, he’s not even a tree surgeon)

I’ve also had ex cons ringing the bell & explaining who they are & on very close inspection of their ID I’ve always bought something from them.

eulach

It wasn’t until Kryton57 quoted it, that I understood.

ninfan
    Free Member

I assume these guys are fake. For the record I have no feelings of remorse whatsoever.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrusq91ejnE[/video]

tomhoward

A bloke was most put out when I wouldn’t give him some money towards buying insulin.

Regards,

Tomhoward, recipient of free insulin on the NHS for the last 25 years, as a type 1 diabetic

martinhutch

Reckon I had one of these scoping me out last year. Must’ve spotted the tempting-looking rucksack in the porch, because it disappeared mysteriously a day or so later.

It contained the smelliest old climbing shoes in the universe, surprised the whiff didn’t knock him clean out when he opened it up.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

I just send the dog to answer the door….

poah
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those no cold calling stickers. not had any disabled con men knock on the door since I put it up.

Poopscoop

hatter
    they were selling stuff like laptop and tablet screen cleaning wipes etc.

So, if you buy them they know there’s laptop in the house etc.

I had one selling bog roll and condoms yesterday.

I’m calling the police.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

my question is……. how did you know he was disabled?

wiggles
    Free Member

When was the disabled war?

molgrips
    Free Member

Riding back from the station yesterday afternoon, two neds on bikes looking at me as I approach a T junction to stop. The one kept staring at me from the pavement on the other road as I waited to pull out. Then, as I rode past, the other one took off and tried to catch me up. Pretty poor attempt, I just upped the pace and dropped him like a stone. Not sure if he was messing about or trying to rob me tbh, could have been either.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

You SAY it was a flat cap. I have my doubts

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Just turned away a 'disabled war veteran'’ is closed to new replies.