Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • ….just like honey…
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’m getting through a fair bit of the standard offerings at the moment. Tired of running out, and would like to try something a step up. Would like to purchase online, in a decent, lasting QTY, think poo bear size.

Any recommendations, not silly money though.

bruneep

who?

Moses

Not online, but the best honey I’ve tasted for a while is Co-Op Chilean runny brown fairtrade. I’s got a bitterness which makes it a step up from bland sweet stuff.

funkmasterp

I thought I was alone in my unhealthy honey consumption. Bloody love the stuff.

onewheelgood

Drac

Growing up our neighbor kept bees, we’d get comb honey from him it was amazing.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member
    mogrim

REM??? Pfft.

somafunk

Thyme honey from Crete is one of my favourites (if you like a strong taste), can’t help with where to get it as a mate brings it back for me from his family out there

jeffl

We got some honey from the local bee keeping club. It was so much nicer than the shop brought stuff. So I’d recommend googling for the local club and buying some off them. Way cheaper than posh honey from a shop.

Appreciate that’s not met your requirement for buying online.

russianbob
    Free Member

How about something like this….

https://www.hiveandkeeper.com/subscriptions

theotherjonv

cheers OP and mogrim

Love that song.

locum76
    Free Member

Contact your local beekeepers association and get the really good, good for you stuff.

stayhigh

Lidl had a honey from Crete as part of their Greek week recently so you may still find some in store. Its not bad stuff but I was spoiled for a number of years by honey direct from a local beekeeper on the mainland.
    Failing that, Attiki honey is very good.

mrjmt
    Free Member

+1 attiki honey, you’ll be able to get it from online Greek shops.
    Used to end up paying excess baggage on our way back from Greece due to the amount we brought back

wordnumb
    Free Member

Beware of kid shrinkage.

singletrackmind

DandyLions sell Mexican Blossom Honey in 25kg buckets . .

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘….just like honey…’ is closed to new replies.