Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Just bought a Kronolog from Germany
  • stevewhyte
    Free Member

Will i have to pay import duty on it, or is it free inside the EU?

Thanks

cynic-al
    Free Member

Free.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Thanks

cynic-al
    Free Member

No charge 😉

thepurist

It’ll be expensive to send back if when it breaks though.

honourablegeorge

thepurist – Member
    It’ll be expensive to send back if when it breaks though.

Some of the German sites do free postage form the UK – Rose do it, I think.

theboatman
    Free Member

I think it’s named after traumatic event the owners brain will suffer when something so pretty stops working so quickly.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

10 mins old and already the idiots are swooping in. STW make me laugh sometimes.

Question has been answered, no need to keep posting just to prove what a tit you are.

tomaso
    Free Member

If you have paid purchase tax in the EU there is no further tax to pay nor import charges, after all we are one big happy community

vinnyeh

Wellll, to be fair it did sound a bit ‘look at me’.

You could have just posted ‘I’ve bought something from Germany..’ if you didn’t want any of the obvious replies regarding the brand, or even spent 30 seconds searching for one of the threads asking the same question, either here or on google. 😉

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Let us know when it fails anyway, thanks.

loum
    Free Member

For a bit of balance, my joplin 3 still works great.

theboatman
    Free Member

I think crying at a bit of ribbing shows who is the tit 🙂

As an owner of several CB products, I’m well aware of the great back up you get from 2pure, keeps me happy.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Which german shop did you buy from? How much was it?

scaredypants

I really hope the new post is good, mostly because of the ded nice things everybody says about 2pure and also because all CB stuff looks fantastic

I’ll be after a replacement post in the next year or so and that’s definitely in the list

stevewhyte
    Free Member

H&S bike discount £215

neil853
    Free Member

I’ll be keeping an eye on posts on these seatposts, do fancy one but my Joplin has been…er…..problematic. And yet I still like the look of these. Which reminds me, my joplin needs to go back to 2pure again 🙁

Toasty

Whats the big selling point on the Kronolog just out of curiosity? Why would people sway that direction over a Reverb?

Not digging, just curious, planning on buying a Reverb today or tomorrow from Germany.

batfink
    Free Member

I think it’s the fact that the cable joins the post at the collar (rather than under the seat clamp)… meaning that you don’t have to have a loop of cable/hose like you do on the reverb

JoeG
    Free Member

What Batlink said plus the kronolog is a mechanical system, some of the other posts on the market are hydraulic. The seals on the hydraulic posts are under a great deal of pressure, and many fail. The kronolog is supposed to work like a woodworking bar clamp. Its a rather simple mechanism, and therefore it may be more reliable. Only time will tell which system, brand, etc. solves the reliability puzzle; they all make great claims but a quick search of the interweb will reveal horror stories regarding the reliability of all of them.

FuzzyWuzzy

Will be interesting to see how the reliability of the kronolog plays out (early reports on MTBR aren’t encouraging though), if they were of equal reliability I’d go for the kronolog personally but I’ve been stung a couple of times in the past on CB products so no chance I’m go to be an early adopter.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

2pure will be offering a joplin trade in soon

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

2pure will be offering a joplin trade in soon

I noticed they are doing this in the US for $150. Any ideas of a price here?

honourablegeorge

[/quote]FuzzyWuzzy – Member

Will be interesting to see how the reliability of the kronolog plays out (early reports on MTBR aren’t encouraging though), if they were of equal reliability I’d go for the kronolog personally but I’ve been stung a couple of times in the past on CB products so no chance I’m go to be an early adopter.

Not a great report from Pinkbike either.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Crankbrother-Kronolog-Telescoping-Seat-Post-Tested-2012.html

wrecker
    Free Member

Is it broken yet?

How about now?

Now?

100mphplus
    Free Member

Hmmmmmm the Pinkbike review and the snotty reply from Crank Brothers doesn’t provide a lot of comfort for the product!!

neil853
    Free Member

I’ll be honest, that doesn’t sound good at all

honourablegeorge

100mphplus – Member
    Hmmmmmm the Pinkbike review and the snotty reply from Crank Brothers doesn’t provide a lot of comfort for the product!!

Yeah – “your cable adjustment was a millimetre out” isn’t much of an excuse for the thing wearing itself to the point of failure.

AlexSimon

Did anyone get a screengrab of the Thompson dropper post before the page was pulled?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Hmmm, reckon they should have made the inner/upper tube steel, and the clamping plates aluminum (and easily and cheaply replaced)

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I see the Pinkbike article references the bar clamp design. I’ve worked extensively with the design of bar clamps and the jamming plate system is not ideal for a seatpost in my opinion.

Alu plates wouldn’t work for long at all. The lock relies on the sharp edge of the plate getting purchase on the contact surface. As soon as the edge is knocked off the plate the mechanism slips.

Material selection and careful process control is key to performance.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Still thinking that cannondale should use their ‘SI’ brand to make bikes with 40mm seatubes and dropper posts using needle bearings.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

steel plates on an alloy tube obviously don’t work for long at all either, at least the plates would be cheaper to replace.

AlexSimon

I think they should be able to make this system work.
    The pink bike report will give them pause, but at least it’s a visible deterioration, which should be picked up easily.

Saying that, it would take a lot to convince me to buy another crap bros product after seeing all the failures in our group.

float
    Free Member

The pink bike report will give them pause, but at least it’s a visible deterioration, which should be picked up easily.

that shouldve been picked up at the early prototype stage at the very latest, though. i cant take CB stuff seriously. why do people still buy it?!

I cant wait for them to go out of business.

neil853
    Free Member

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/components/seat-post-seat-pin/product/review-crank-brothers-kronolog-46205

I especially like this quote

We have someone in Taiwan working on this,” he said. Brewster stressed that this issue would fall under crankbrothers’ two-year warranty, without question

How can they release something when its blatantly not ready and wait for journo’s to find fault with it…..

Sorry, but this had made my mind up. Reverb it is. I know they’re not perfect, but they are obviously far closer than the CB one! 🙄

smell_it
    Free Member

I like my cb products, but I also find myself going out with women who are stunning to look at, but high maintenance and frankly, a bit of a pain in the arse. You pays your money, and takes your choice. At least the cb warranty makes their products easier to live with than my standard girlfriend choice.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

As long as you expect your seatpost to be out of action for a similar amount of time every month, you’ll be fine!

sunnrider
    Free Member

The KS Lev looks like it might be better. I´ll stick with the reverb though, bleeding´s annoying and the cable is annoying too, but it works.

Digger90
    Free Member

The Kronolog really has to be this year’s ultimate sh1te design being Beta tested on the buying public….

I mean, come on… anyone with half a brain will figure out that a knurled surface sliding up and down on the inside edge of a seal will invite dirt in, totally compromising the integrity of the seal.

Furthermore, what’s this PR cr@p from CB about ‘bar clamp designs being one of the oldest and most reliable clamping mechanisms in the world’? Er yeah… for bars that are relatively static and require to be clamped in a single position – NOT bars that go up n’ down, up n’ down all day long. Those primitive bar clamps were not designed for that at all and in that use cause premature wear – like, Duh!

Does CB actually employ anyone with any Engineering experience at all, or do they just have kids pointing at pics in magazines and sending orders to factories in Taiwan to produce utter cr@p?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Just bought a Kronolog from Germany’ is closed to new replies.