Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Just been advised that “Hermes has your parcel”
  • Stigheed

Ordered a new pair of forks from CRC last week, the best I can hope for is that the Hermes driver hurls the box at my house (or somewhere vaguely near it). Worst case – I never see them.

Fingers crossed!

kayak23

Never have any issues with Hermes personally.
    I know some do.

P20

It used to fill me with dread. The latest Hermes driver has been excellent and there’s never been an issue for ages.

scotroutes

Again, not had issues with any of the delivery companies round our way.

nickjb
    Free Member

Our driver doesn’t knock. I just get a message to say its been delivered and it’ll be sat in the porch. The last delivery I had about 5 messages cancelling the delivery and rescheduling it (in different 2 hour slots in the same day), still turned up OK

ta11pau1

I’d take Hermes over DHL any day of the week, twice I’ve had to drive to the depot to collect a parcel due to their driver failing completely at even attempting to make a delivery.

monkeyboyjc

All depends on the driver(s)…..

DickBarton

I’ve not had any issues any delivery companies, but I don’t have many deliveries.

Latest Hermes deliver arrived yesterday but was showing as ‘We are expecting your parcel’ for last 5 days – it only updated to delivered after the parcel arrived.

Not really a complaint as the parcel arrived in a decent time, just a shame the system didn’t update to let me know it was being delivered or when.

theotherjonv

I can’t believe how crap some of the admin behind these delivery firms is. I was due some wheels off Scribe with Fedex, got an email to say they were delivering on a date that was unsuitable but click link to rebook. Which I did.

Then I got an immediate email saying it had been rebooked and I’d be given an estimated slot on the day. All good so far.

2 days later just as I’m literally going the door for a day out with family, a knock at the door and a parcel from Scribe. I commented that they weren’t due for another 2 days and the driver commented that it was just my lucky day then.

Lucky for him I suppose that they hadn’t sat on my doorstep all day / got nicked!

Then to cap it all, got a message on the day when delivery had been rescheduled for, saying that there was a problem and please contact the depot. I didn’t bother, I wonder if they still think the wheels are lost somewhere.

Great wheels, but actually the whole order to delivery process with Scribe was ‘disappointing’ with wrong delivery dates, then the wrong wheels actually being delivered to them from their supplier in the Far East a month or so after I’d been told they would be, but I know global shipping is screwy at the moment. Getting them from a depot in Camberley to me in Guildford though can’t really be Evergreen’s fault.

jimdubleyou

Our local Hermes fella used to be bobbins, but now it’s an old bloke and his wife. Very efficient, work all hours to get their round done and friendly with it.

Hermes does seem to be the least corporate of the bunch, and therefore most variable in service terms.

bruneep

Our hermes man is great, really friendly and polite alway leaves in safe place if not in.

Royal mail person however, random letters and parcels for other houses in street. Meaning I have go do their job for them.

snotrag

Hermes at least do seem to have a ‘local’ driver covering a fixed area – ours is decent, and I get enough stuff delviered that he knows our address, what we look like, where to leave things etc.

If your local guy is good, then its a good service. Our driver can be contacted through facebook etc too.

Much rather Hermes that Yodel!

Stigheed

The forks are due to be delivered in the next 2 hours….allegedly. Hope I can smuggle this unnecessary purchase in with out Mrs Stigheed noticing.

MoreCashThanDash

Yep, I’ve been lucky with Hermes based on what I’ve read on here.

They have just taken delivery of my Rapha shorts and they are now in transit…..🤞

steve_b77
    Free Member

Our Hermes guy is brilliant, always has been, plus he’s in a Jersey Boys cover group which is also very good 😀

pondo

I’ve twice had parcels delivered to our house by Hermes that weren’t for us and it is utterly impossible to get in touch with them to tell them.

swdan
    Free Member

Our Hermes lady is also brilliant, super friendly and very diligent with the deliveries. She also drives a brand new Hyandai Ionic 5 so I imagine she does it because she enjoys it rather than because she needs the money

stevie750

Same as what others have said , it’s all down to the driver. My hermes guy is really good.

Did get a delivery from TNT recently, the portal sat at awaiting pickup in Cardiff for 5 days then went straight to out for delivery in Glasgow

Drac

No issues here. People love to moan about bad service but good service is rarely praised.

Stigheed

I take it all back. Forks delivered on time and with a smile!

Well done Hermes!

Sandwich

I love it when a plan comes together!

andy5390

Then to cap it all, got a message on the day when delivery had been rescheduled for, saying that there was a problem and please contact the depot. I didn’t bother

I would’ve been tempted to contact them, just to see how long I could keep them running in circles, before “realising” it had been delivered 2 days earlier

a11y

I take your Hermes woes and raise you XDP – what a shitshow. First order (an Aldi filthy sex pond) the delivery van stopped outside the house, bloke got out, looked in back of van, then got back in and drove off. Apparently that’s a delivery attempt. Aldi cancelled order after 14 days. Still waiting on refund. Ordered a second one, **** XDP again. Now on day 14 and no attempted delivery, although again they claim they did (CCTV says otherwise). Give me Hermes any day over these incompetences.

wzzzz
    Free Member

They are in a race to the bottom on price. The privatisation of Royal Mail is to blame!

nparker

Ordered from Wiggle yesterday, standard free service. Message from Hermes this morning saying out for delivery, which was a surprise. Message this afternoon to say it was delivered and there it is waiting for me when I got home. Great service, Wiggle and Hermes!

bigblackshed

Andy from Hermes and Dave from DPD are both excellent.

The last Yodel delivery was put in my recycling bin on recycling bin day. That was an expensive mistake by Numbnuts the Yodel driver. £700 Fox forks!

johnw1984
    Free Member

Most of the time good/bad service is in the hands of your local drivers. Most of them around here are pretty good fortunately.

However, I was a bit annoyed to find out my cane creek coil shock apparently weighs 1.5kg according to Hermes scales!

Made me fork out another £4 odd on top of the £4 odd I’d already paid and declared the parcel to be under 1kg.

Literally a bit of foam wrapping and a small box that just fitted the shock in, can’t have been more than 200g of packaging.

I rarely have trouble with deliveries from most companies though 🙂

Northwind

Fair to say their customer service went to shit at the start of the pandemic but other’n that I’ve posted something like 1500 parcels with hermes and I’ve had a handful lost or damaged- and got a full refund in all but 1 case, where I’d screwed up. Probably absolutely loads have been delivered a day or two late though.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Just been advised that “Hermes has your parcel”’ is closed to new replies.